Bad Boys For Life 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Watched this today on the Arcam 850 set up and using Imax enhanced DTS X. Does anyone find that there is even a heavy bass to the dialogue. Really meaty. Probably one of the best sounding discs I have ever heard.

We just finished watching this. Looked & sounded great, but the plot felt weak at times & the script wasn't up to the Original Bad Boys Movies. Loved it when Alexander Ludwig got the "Hulk, Smash" command at the end and went Full Viking!
Fun Movie though, just not quite as good as we hoped.

I've had nothing but problems with IMAX enhanced. I listen below reference levels and I didn't hear a massive difference in that context. Plus I had to manually adjust the settings because it didn't seem to work with my setup using the standard config.

I usually have no problem with new technologies being introduced. I asses how useful it is for me the act accordingly. I didn't set out to buy an IMAX enhanced receiver because I didn't see a huge benefit. But on the other hand Bad Boys for Life was figuratively castrated below 50Hz. So if this is what they are going to do moving forward then this is a con job. In the end I'm lucky enough to have BEQ and with the help of the forums it is now set up to recover a lot of what is initially lost.

Hi Coulson, unfortunately I watched the film on the DTS:X soundtrack. Sounded great, except LFE, which was completely lacking. A few weeks later, I see this:

And it explains why.

So, I don't have an IMAX enabled AVR, is it true this suggestion? I.e. if you watch it in IMAX then it doesn't have the LFE problem? Making it, what can only be described, as a big con?

Hi Coulson, unfortunately I watched the film on the DTS:X soundtrack. Sounded great, except LFE, which was completely lacking. A few weeks later, I see this:

And it explains why.

So, I don't have an IMAX enabled AVR, is it true this suggestion? I.e. if you watch it in IMAX then it doesn't have the LFE problem? Making it, what can only be described, as a big con?
I think the LFE deliberately hobbled to make IMAX Enhanced sound better. But for me it still sounded poor. I've been using BEQ for some time and it's great :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom