Bad Boys For Life 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Yep, it was probably better than it had any right to be, and looks and sounds rather fantastic..cheers Cas.

Held off looking at anything to do with this to wait for the 4K.
Sadly my amazon order hasn’t moved and doesn’t have a release date.....

Really enjoyed this though it's an 8 from me. Hadn't watched either of the two prequels but this was a typical outing for Will Smith. Brash, kick arse, funny quipping. Was a very enjoyable film to watch.

G

Was dragged to the cinema (4DX) earlier this year and really wasn’t expecting much. Very pleasantly suprised.
Really looking forward to watching again at home but just need the 4K release now!

thanks Cas - the movie was much better than I feared/expected as a fan of the first 2 films - probably an 8.5 for me on the film

easy pre order for me but agree the absence of a release date seems odd on 4K

no release date on amazon but 25.5.20 according to zavvi

save that zavvi charge for postage

Release date is Monday, my zoom preorder arrived yesterday and watched last night. It’s a great looking fun movie - there’s lots of Hdr highlights, and some genuinely funny moments. I much preferred it to the second film which I felt had a nasty tone at times. All in probably an 8.5 from me, looking forward to a fourth now.

save that zavvi charge for postage
Red Carpet member so free delivery. Though I’ve spent another £5 and went for Steelbook :facepalm:

on the 4k its saying it has dts-x, willit have other audio such has dts/dolby, i only have 5.1 setup, i have bad boys on dvd only and i have since bought 1 & 2 on 4k so i might take the new one,

Watched the film the other day, and whilst I normally agree with your review scores Cas, no amount of A/V splendour can save this film from being an utter dud that drags on way too long. 😬

I have 1 and 2 on iTunes because are a little too family unfriendly but still fun to watch. This one I will get the disc. I mostly go to the cinema for films I'm pretty certain I will like or that intrigue me. I read all the reviews and this was more the latter.

I was very pleasantly surprised with what turned out to be a fun film with heart. Cas hit the nail on the head with the F&F references because that's basically the formula they use. As Cas says, the action doesn't reach Bayhem but it more than does the job.

It looked (looks) great and wow did this sound great in Atmos, the LFE is definitely a plus. So this is a Sony disc with DTS:x (mental LFE and immersion) plus IMAX Enhanced? Count me in!

Thanks for the Review Cas. The 4K is on my rental list now. I wasn't sure if I'd want to watch this after the originals, but you convinced me it's worth a visit!

Thanks Cas. I'm in the 'really enjoyed this' camp too. It was far better than I expected. Sounded great and looked amazing. A solid 8 from me.

Unfortunately, as much as I enjoy the chemistry between Smith and Lawrence, this one didn't work.

My main issue was that the story had two competing ideas:
One story is about Mike's mid-life crisis.
The other is about Mike's biblical revenge.

Each idea deserved a movie of its own.

BB1 gets far to much credit for being a good movie. BB2 as a movie was a mess but had some good set pieces. BB3 was just total garbage. i would file it along side Beverly Hills cop 3 in the dont waste your time section :)

I was very disappointed with this one. A few laughs but silly story,silly action, just silly. I was expecting more because it got pretty positive reviews mostly

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom