Bad Boys for Life Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I really enjoyed Lethal Weapon 4.

I'm still holding out for Lethal Finale, the supposedly in the works final movie, again bringing a much older Gibson and Glover back.

I'm still holding out for Lethal Finale, the supposedly in the works final movie, again bringing a much older Gibson and Glover back.

Glover really, really is too old for this shit now though.

Yup, I did too. But it’s not in the same league as the first two. Closest it comes is at the end (particularly uncut).

I'll take this over any of Smith's recent work.

Glover really, really is too old for this sh*t now though.
They can just drive around in a car, shoot everyone through the windows, pin suspects up against any solid surface and then shout at them through said windows, and if they need to talk to anyone in a building, drive through the wall.
Job Done!
(Glover can make it to the Car from his loving Family using a step-walker at the start, and same in reverse at the end)

Thanks for the Review Cas. Old age is setting in - I am "pretty sure" I watched the original Bad Boys at least, but even watching a trailer doesn't remind me that I did. :confused:
All the Lethal Weapon Movies though? Damn right I watched them! :D

They can just drive around in a car, shoot everyone through the windows, pin suspects up against any solid surface and then shout at them through said windows, and if they need to talk to anyone in a building, drive through the wall.
Job Done!
(Glover can make it to the Car from his loving Family using a step-walker at the start, and same in reverse at the end)
Judging by how old Glover looked in Jumanji I suspect that anything more than driving the car at a sedate speed is beyond him now (well he is 73 years old) and any action sequences will look as ridiculous as De Niro's unintentional Goodfellas parody in The Irishman!

anigif_sub-buzz-4963-1562006349-3.gif

Judging by how old Glover looked in Jumanji I suspect that anything more than driving the car at a sedate speed is beyond him now (well he is 73 years old) and any action sequences will look as ridiculous as De Niro's unintentional Goodfellas parody in The Irishman!

View attachment 1246080
LOL! Ok I guess he will need to be the Grouchy Old guy in the back seat, leaving Mel Gibson to do all the Driving/Shooting/Interrogating.
But Glover unknowingly Saves the Day at the end. Gibson on the Ground, Bad Guy standing over him, explaining why he did everything, before shooting Gibson, Car Door flies open knocking bad guy to the ground, Glover going "When we goin' to get some food? I'm hungry!" Gibson says, "In a minute, just got to drop off some trash first" while handcuffing the Bad Guy.
All the Usual stuff of this kind of Movie.

Thanks cas for the review. I really enjoyed the first one as a kid! Will go on the rental list for sure!

Seeing this today

I saw it last night and thought it was pitched just right. I think the first two, which I enjoyed at the time of their release, are certainly of their time. This third film felt again of its time and more importantly, its age. I thought this worked really well and displayed a real move with the current times but not at the expense of the humour or characters. It's an enjoyable romp with some real laugh out loud moments and decent action, for old men. 8/10 from me.

Watched it last night.
First 30 minutes were poor. Just seemed rushed.
Once it found it's flow it became fun, with some big laughs (especially the use of rubber bullets).
Felt like a Spanish language soap opera near the end, but maybe that was on purpose.
Not as bad as i thought it would be, and far better than BB2.
It most definitely didn't miss Michael Bay directing.

Watched it last night.
First 30 minutes were poor. Just seemed rushed.
Once it found it's flow it became fun, with some big laughs (especially the use of rubber bullets).
Felt like a Spanish language soap opera near the end, but maybe that was on purpose.
Not as bad as i thought it would be, and far better than BB2.
It most definitely didn't miss Michael Bay directing.
No it certainly didn’t but instead we had him in front of the camera.
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie from start to finish, looking forward to seeing it again.

Another garbage from woke Hollyweird

What this film needed was to be made in 1971, totally original screenplay/story for it's time, directed by Don Siegal and just have one main character Harry Callahan.

If that was all done it would have been brilliant.

Thanks for the review Cas, not as bad as feared then. Enjoyed the first two when they came out, but will need a rewatch as has been years since I saw them. Or maybe it's better I don't if they are that superior and make this look a parody. Will catch sometime mainly to see if Martin Lawrence still has it.

Really enjoyed this last night

Seems BB4 will be made as this has opened to great taking..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom