Barbecues are bloody brilliant Part 3

Yeah definitely. Hopefully I'll get a very fun delivery tomorrow, then it's game on. Ah well beef on.

So a year ago I made the quickest Kickstarter decision ever. And finally after riots in Hong Kong, delays for CE certification and customs they are finally here.

But since I'm in semi isolation and now the shops have shut I ain't got not gas. Should have got some earlier but had no idea when these things would be turning up. Amazon has the gas for them but is nearly twice the price than Go-Outdoors. Oh well

IMG_20200324_121628.jpg

400,000 BTU's bitch.

15850539980946096687730401011567.jpg

I know, don’t have any meat in at the moment :D

not going to the shops either, too risky.

bbq fail today... wanted to do some pizza but couldnt get the john lewis/rosle kettle over 150c even with a full chimney of fuel!!! i blame the crappy b&M fuel that i bought last year - had to finish in the oven!!

Yeah it's probably the fuel. It ain't that cold out there!

I highly doubt it lol.

Briquettes are worse because the binders (particularly in cheaper brands) can absorb water over the winter, so I'll bet it's the charcoal.

No heat deflector as far as I can see, but I have lots of stuff I can improvise with...

Given a Big Joe is £2K I'm prepared to get a few upgrades.

Last edited:
£35 off ebay for a heat deflector :)

It's so beautiful...

1585766050267.png

Dammed heavy though. So I unbolted the lid (as you can see) so we could move it off the pallet in two pieces.

Yeah they are damn heavy things. But that makes for rock solid temps. Just don't overshoot too much or your eating late.

Obvs use lump only, and go easy for the first cook or two.

These things love big chunks of lump wood so keep any for this and not your Rosle.

Shame the Kamado Joe big lump is so costly and sadly the Big K sticks on Ocado are not on offer. Talking of which they are £25 a box were they always that price? Sure they were cheaper.

Yeah they are damn heavy things. But that makes for rock solid temps. Just don't overshoot too much or your eating late.

Obvs use lump only, and go easy for the first cook or two.

These things love big chunks of lump wood so keep any for this and not your Rosle.

Shame the Kamado Joe big lump is so costly and sadly the Big K sticks on Ocado are not on offer. Talking of which they are £25 a box were they always that price? Sure they were cheaper.

I seem to recall they were £24.95 but often on a 3 for 2?

It comes with instructions to have a couple of fires at 83 deg to temper it before cooking. Which is a pity as I was hoping to cook on it tonight.

It's a beautiful thing, but imagine my horror when they unloaded a pallet badged as "ELECTriQ"

First disappointment is that the cooking grills are chromed steel, but I was expecting that.

Stainless already ordered...

Anyone know if I can cut a couple of slots in my John Lewis kettle bbq and drop in an electric rotisserie that I have lying around? I’m no diyer but tempted to try it.

You should have a look and see if the onlyfire rotisserie on amazon will fit on

So I am BBQ-ing. Yes on a gas BBQ, one we have owned for almost 10 years it smokes like a good-un and I love it.

even with that in mind the wife gave me permission to buy a new one.

so at the risk of committing heresy, can anyone recommend a gas BBQ in the £500 range?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    581.7 KB · Views: 44

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom