Batman: Arkham Knight

Out of the four main Arkham games Knight comes in third in my view (Origins isnt by the same studio and it was rubbish with a really annoying multiplayer tacked on). Knight doesnt stand up to either Asylum or City. The use of the Batmobile is way overused in Knight. There is also an insane amount of DLC for Knight - the platinum only takes you to 50%

Would really love another outing though

I am probably in the minority but I really like Knight as part of the series. I've 100%'d it twice and done pretty much every combat room challenge. I thought the Batmobile was fun if silly. There are some frustrating places where you seem to be just waiting for an event to trigger, like a radio broadcast, villain sighting, riddler informant, but I think all the games have this issue. Some of the villain missions do feel a bit repetitive, like Penguin and Two Face.

The Scarecrow plot was pretty silly, but the voice acting from John Noble was quality.

I do miss soaring over Gotham looking for perps though. Uh oh - I feel another play-though coming on.

yeah nothing wrong with Knight. Whilst not reaching the heights of Asylum and City, it was still an excellent game.

Plus I loved all the Batmobile stuff. How can anyone not like Bats in the Batmobile!!?

I think I'm nearing the end of the main story now and I'm really liking how you can do stuff at your own leisure until you kick off a major story section and the side stuff are mini stories in themselves, which keeps the interest up. The batmobile has become a character just like Roach or Arthur Morgans horse and once you've levelled it up, the fight sections are quite fun to play.

However, I have exposed a defect in one of our old controllers, the R2 button doesn't fully depress, so its like driving a milk float if I pick up the wrong controller :D

So I've got Knightfall on this, no real inclination to get full Knightfall atm, but for me this is a game of 3 stages:

- Start of the game was a struggle, took a while to get into it
- The meat of the game is ace and a boat load of fun
- End of the game is quite underwhelming

Fortunately the middle stage is the majority of the game, but there was something missing in the story and the side missions and I realised that its boss fights, they're either non existent, too easy or you don't notice you've just done the boss.

That's unusual for me as I can get frustrated by a tough boss fight, but they're a nice definition to a chapter or the game itself. Kudos for trying something different and I loved the whole Joker thing, but I didn't have that sense of satisfaction I normally get from completing the main story.

I was also disappointed that rescuing Cat Woman just leads to the Riddler collectathon, maybe the Riddler fight is what I'm after? Don't think I'll be back for that though..

Overall a thumbs up from me and maybe I should seek out Arkham City at some point..

Edit: some of the batmobile sections were tough, some I guess would be considered boss fights, but I ploughed a lot of points into the batmobile skill trees, which helped a lot here..

Last edited:
So I've got Knightfall on this, no real inclination to get full Knightfall atm, but for me this is a game of 3 stages:

- Start of the game was a struggle, took a while to get into it
- The meat of the game is ace and a boat load of fun
- End of the game is quite underwhelming

Fortunately the middle stage is the majority of the game, but there was something missing in the story and the side missions and I realised that its boss fights, they're either non existent, too easy or you don't notice you've just done the boss.

That's unusual for me as I can get frustrated by a tough boss fight, but they're a nice definition to a chapter or the game itself. Kudos for trying something different and I loved the whole Joker thing, but I didn't have that sense of satisfaction I normally get from completing the main story.

I was also disappointed that rescuing Cat Woman just leads to the Riddler collectathon, maybe the Riddler fight is what I'm after? Don't think I'll be back for that though..

Overall a thumbs up from me and maybe I should seek out Arkham City at some point..

Edit: some of the batmobile sections were tough, some I guess would be considered boss fights, but I ploughed a lot of points into the batmobile skill trees, which helped a lot here..

Yes you should definitely check out Arkham City!!!!

I didn't bother with all the Riddler stuff on this, it was a step too far for me. And if I remember some of it was very tricky to get.

I always wished they'd had a proper Riddler storyline in the series, as opposed to hiding it behind the collecting of stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom