Batman Returns 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Simon Crust

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Always thought this one was better than the original. 9 is a bit high for me though.

great review Simon , thanks

still think 8 was mean for the first film but I see the "fat fingers" seemed fine this time ;)

Nice review and well deserved score. 4K Batman and Batman Returns have been ordered! (Just picked up Alien 4K for only £14.99 too, crazy price considering it's just released)!

I fondly recall the summer of 1992 when this, Lethal Weapon 3 and Alien 3 were all due to come out. Amazing time.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on this after sampling Batman 4k during the week. Watched Batman last night and it was a lot of fun, will probably watch Returns tonight.

I fondly recall the summer of 1992 when this, Lethal Weapon 3 and Alien 3 were all due to come out. Amazing time.

I'm in the same boat but being a massive Alien fan at the time it ultimately ended in disappointment. In saying that Michelle Pfeiffer being encased in rubber and the music released that year did help my teenage self forget Alien 3 quite quickly!:p

Michelle Pfeiffer encased in Rubber
Sweet Dreams are (and were) made of this!
:)

Wow 9 that is a pretty serious score.

Generally speaking I have noticed lately AV forums giving higher than the average review score over multiple aggregated average for a given film.

my Favourite of these Batman Films, and this uhd looks superb...

The first one was good but this trumps it easy and has even a darker tone, and although Michael Keaton does not have the physique for Batman he still manages to put it off, even miles better than Kilmar and Clooney.
I don't know Barnaby about the 9 being too high if you asked me coming out of the cinema when I saw this I may have even said 10.

I agree with the 9 , when this was released at the cinema I went at least 6 times to watch it , loved it ever since

I rewatched it. It's surprisingly a very boring film.
Batman is hardly in it, and does nothing of interest. He only makes a brief appearance in first 30 minutes. Far too much time is spent on the Penguin and Catwoman, when it should be about Batman - he is the protagonist of the film.
As the film goes on, Max becomes less and less pivotal to the story.

I do love the deliberate snow globe design of the film, it's very striking and original.

I rewatched it. It's surprisingly a very boring film.
Batman is hardly in it, and does nothing of interest. He only makes a brief appearance in first 30 minutes. Far too much time is spent on the Penguin and Catwoman, when it should be about Batman - he is the protagonist of the film.
As the film goes on, Max becomes less and less pivotal to the story.

I do love the deliberate snow globe design of the film, it's very striking and original.
I can never got bored with it personally
Michelle Pfeiffer in that Leather outfit......
Game over for me, I'm afraid! :D:thumbsup:

(Yes, yes, totally unacceptable comment in this present age, I know!)

Michelle Pfeiffer in that Leather outfit......

Come on dude, get it right - it was latex not leather, costume would just have been hot if it was leather. Not a shiny, smokin' hot black number clearly designed to blow every teenage boy's head clean off their shoulders... I'm still recovering or maybe I'm relapsing now having just watch it again for the first time in ages... ;)

(p.s. I don't care if this is not acceptable in the present age, it is a fact based comment that actually happened not some pseudo science bs designed to protect the fragile feelings of some millennial snowflake type or older hipster trying to be cool with the kids) :p

Come on dude, get it right - it was latex not leather, costume would just have been hot if it was leather. Not a shiny, smokin' hot black number clearly designed to blow every teenage boy's head clean off their shoulders... I'm still recovering or maybe I'm relapsing now having just watch it again for the first time in ages... ;)

(p.s. I don't care if this is not acceptable in the present age, it is a fact based comment that actually happened not some pseudo science bs designed to protect the fragile feelings of some millennial snowflake type or older hipster trying to be cool with the kids) :p

Mea Culpa - I guess I was thinking of the look and imagining the possibility in one go. You are absolutely right.
And now I have TWO possible images in my head. Damn you Brain, Damn you!

And now I have TWO possible images in my head. Damn you Brain, Damn you!

Uh-oh - there are only two possible courses of action you can take in this situation...

1. Watch Batman Returns and maybe Dark Knight Rises ASAP

or

2. Hit some cosplay sites and probably end up going blind! :eek:

Difficult choice but the only other extreme option is get your significant other some new 'clothes' and run the risk of being punched in the face or if you're really lucky - whipped!:laugh:

Good luck, I hope you can make it through this difficult time and not fall down the rabbit h... (wait a minute - Matrix... Trinity... black shiny leggings.... ugh no hope...) :confused:

Uh-oh - there are only two possible courses of action you can take in this situation...

1. Watch Batman Returns and maybe Dark Knight Rises ASAP

or

2. Hit some cosplay sites and probably end up going blind! :eek:

Difficult choice but the only other extreme option is get your significant other some new 'clothes' and run the risk of being punched in the face or if you're really lucky - whipped!:laugh:

Good luck, I hope you can make it through this difficult time and not fall down the rabbit h... (wait a minute - Matrix... Trinity... black shiny leggings.... ugh no hope...) :confused:

Breath In.... Breath Out
Breath In.....Breath Out

All under control! :)

Nearly.......

Slightly late to the party but I watched this on Friday night and I was blown away by the picture quality! It just looked amazing, better that a lot of native 4K releases in fact! Are the Nolan movies as well transferred?

Are the Nolan movies as well transferred?

the elevated black levels disappoint me. not sure if this is intentional or not - the credits at the end are pitch black; making me think maybe it is. in which case not a transfer related issue. other than that, they seem ok. many don't like batman begins.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom