Battlefield 1

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATED*

With Battlefield 1 we set out to create some of the largest, most dynamic battles in FPS history while continuing to tap into what fans love most about the franchise. One of the things that makes World War I such an amazing era is just how advanced it really was. Almost everything that you know about the conflicts of the next century, from the massive battles across land, air and sea, to the powerful and efficient weaponry, is there. Tanks, planes, machine guns, artillery – a lot of the tech you've used in other Battlefield games was perfected during this era, letting the classic Battlefield DNA shine through.

You'll be able to join in massive 64-player battles and experience unexpected Only in Battlefield moments in a setting where the old world was destroyed, giving way to the new one. We're turning destruction up a few notches too, so expect some surprises when you hit the battlefield.

Battlefield 1 is releasing worldwide on October 21, 2016 for Xbox One, Origin on PC, and PlayStation 4

Get Battlefield 1 3 days early with Battlefield™ 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition
Battlefield™ 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition

EA has confirmed that the next Battlefield game, after Hardline, will be released in the last quarter of 2016, most likely October 2016 (BF4 and BF3 both launched in late-October).

Developers at DICE are currently working on Battlefield 5, but they are also working on several other titles. A big portion of the workforce is working on the next Star Wars Battlefront title, which is expected to be released later this year. Then there are also developers still working on Battlefield 4 (on patches, new content, etc.), and there are developers helping with the upcoming Hardline.

DICE has two offices: the main office in Stockholm, Sweden, and a smaller office in Los Angeles, which was worked on a lot of the BF4 expansions and patches.

EA had already confirmed that Battlefield 5 will be “military-themed”, that is, it won’t be a cops vs robbers game like Hardline.

Battlefield 5 should be the first next-gen-only Battlefield game, as we doubt EA and DICE will throw resources at PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

Battlefield 5 release date pegged for Q4 2016

Last edited:
Nothing has been confirmed yet but someone round this on reddit.

Battlefield 5 Armageddon (name not confirmed)

Story plot

This game is about a small town soldier who is in battle for japan. He must fight to get home to his family and friends

Battlefield 5: Armageddon (Video Game 2016) - IMDb

Thoughts?

I'll be honest and say it sounds crap.

The next Battlefield needs to be Multiplayer only like the originals, and completely forget the crap SP stuff.

Put all resources in the map design, forget about Levolution and just bring back destruction, make it more team work orientated and skilful by planes/helo/tanks not having infinite ammo and needing to restock either Via a commander crate or back at base like BF2 had.

The cheesy story stuff should only be in Bad company.

Rumours of a Microsoft third party deal on Battlefield 5:

Is Battlefield 5 Armageddon a Thing That Microsoft Wants First? | SegmentNext

Now while in general I'm against such deals, in reality they do happen and will continue to happen and if MS take their recent stance of 'lets focus solely on 1st party' it leaves Sony to hoover up all the good third party games and almost present them as 1st party. For that reason I hope to god this rumour is true. MS losing CoD and gaining BF5 that would suit me down to the ground.

Rumours of a Microsoft third party deal on Battlefield 5:

Is Battlefield 5 Armageddon a Thing That Microsoft Wants First? | SegmentNext

Now while in general I'm against such deals, in reality they do happen and will continue to happen and if MS take their recent stance of 'lets focus solely on 1st party' it leaves Sony to hoover up all the good third party games and almost present them as 1st party. For that reason I hope to god this rumour is true. MS losing CoD and gaining BF5 that would suit me down to the ground.
Are you ready for a headline because if so then you are about to find out. Personally I wouldn't mind if BF5 came out first on Xbox One over PS4. :love: However due to the title hinting that all weapons could be sticks and stones, I wouldn't be surprised if BF5 sells less compared to BF4 since BF5 would be more tactical due to their only being two weapons. :thumbsup:

But at least @stellamandude would dominate the competition. ;)

Jack talking some good sense. It's time for a shake up, do they have the balls though?

Nope.....
Can't see much being different between BF4 and BF5.
Would be very surprised.

Be a real shame if they stuck with the same modern warfare template. I can see their being a lot of truth in what Jack says about their being a lack of inspiration for the developers if they're asked to do another cookie cutout.

I'd personally like them to go all out with 2143 but I think that would be a mighty bold move, I'd settle for near future as that gives them the comfort from 3 and 4 while giving them an excuse to experiment a little as well.

Be a real shame if they stuck with the same modern warfare template. I can see their being a lot of truth in what Jack says about their being a lack of inspiration for the developers if they're asked to do another cookie cutout.

I'd personally like them to go all out with 2143 but I think that would be a mighty bold move, I'd settle for near future as that gives them the comfort from 3 and 4 while giving them an excuse to experiment a little as well.

Just look at player numbers for Hardline and Battlefront compared to BF3 or BF4.

I think they would be worried if they moved away from it. You go all future and its competing with many other games in that genre. Go back and you risk people not wanting it as they like 1000 attachments and guns. Is Bad Company big enough as BF4 ?

Will be interesting to see but I reckon we will get BF5 and hopefully they learnt from the crap in BF4.

Just look at player numbers for Hardline and Battlefront compared to BF3 or BF4.

I think they would be worried if they moved away from it. You go all future and its competing with many other games in that genre. Go back and you risk people not wanting it as they like 1000 attachments and guns. Is Bad Company big enough as BF4 ?

Will be interesting to see but I reckon we will get BF5 and hopefully they learnt from the crap in BF4.

I definitely think you're right on the money, mostly wishful thinking on my part.

If it's modern warfare, I hope they innovate but I don't really see where they go and how. Definitely bring back the Bad Company style of destruction, it was great seeing nearly every building leveled by the end of a round. Guy hiding in a house? Drive a tank through it!

I know there's a little of it in BF4 but leveling a building (that can actually be destroyed) tends to be quite a fath.

They aren't going futuristic/space as it just clashes too much with Battlefront.

So I'd say that gets ruled out.

I'm not so sure player numbers matter all that much, it will be sales that they are more driven by. Not sure what the sales figures are but I think based on the rumours, BF4 and Battlefront are probably not that far apart. Battlefront may well sell more than BF4.

I'd love a WW2 BF game but like you say the risk is, it takes away all the customisation options people like.

For me they need to recapture the soul of a BF game. The levolution rubbish needs to go. Focus on real destructibility not stupid scripted events that reduce the FPS on console to single digits for a few seconds and add little to the game. Focus on less guns and fewer attachments but make the weapon choice interesting. Make it a real choice whereby different combinations genuinely suit different styles.

If they can do that and retain the other big battle type features I think it will be a good game regardless of the period it is set in or how it is pitched.

I'm not sure what I'm hoping for with BF5. I'd like some better map design and no cluster f*** maps like Metro and Lockers (although I don't mind the odd game of lockers if I'm honest). I quite like the maps that mix it up a bit. Golmud Railway would be a prime example of this, it's got good infantry action around the A, B & C flags and good vehicle action around the others. Bit of something for everyone in that. Zavod and Rogue Transmission are both great maps IMO, again, good infantry action and good vehicle (if a bit more constrained on Zavod) at the same time.

I don't really want them to start and add in a million gadgets as I'm not sure what else they can add now. It'd just be adding stuff for the sake of it now and that's where things start getting worse IMO. With CoD it started going bad when they started adding in ever more ridiculous kill streak perks etc.

Key for me though is that they learn from the last game and have it running at a decent tick rate to start with. I can't remember exactly what it launched with, was it 10Hz? Whatever it was it was half that of BF3 at the beginning and the game suffered as a result. High tick rate and low latency servers is what's needed, get the basics right before bolting on a whole load of extra crap.

I'm not sure what I'm hoping for with BF5. I'd like some better map design and no cluster f*** maps like Metro and Lockers (although I don't mind the odd game of lockers if I'm honest). I quite like the maps that mix it up a bit. Golmud Railway would be a prime example of this, it's got good infantry action around the A, B & C flags and good vehicle action around the others. Bit of something for everyone in that. Zavod and Rogue Transmission are both great maps IMO, again, good infantry action and good vehicle (if a bit more constrained on Zavod) at the same time.

I don't really want them to start and add in a million gadgets as I'm not sure what else they can add now. It'd just be adding stuff for the sake of it now and that's where things start getting worse IMO. With CoD it started going bad when they started adding in ever more ridiculous kill streak perks etc.

Key for me though is that they learn from the last game and have it running at a decent tick rate to start with. I can't remember exactly what it launched with, was it 10Hz? Whatever it was it was half that of BF3 at the beginning and the game suffered as a result. High tick rate and low latency servers is what's needed, get the basics right before bolting on a whole load of extra crap.

I think they'd win a good deal of favour if they ditched a lot of the bloat (the hundreds of gadgets and attachments that nobody ever really uses) but had it running spot on straight out the box.

They can always add one or two things back in over the course of its life.

Remove Battlelog and Commander and anything like that.
Just give us Bad Company 3 and Nam 2.0 !

and a 2143 DLC! Now there's 3 slices of BF heaven!

On another note, ditch the auto vehicle repair as well. Repairs either by engineer (while not flying for helicopters) or base return. Ammo should be resupplied at base as well.

and a 2143 DLC! Now there's 3 slices of BF heaven!

On another note, ditch the auto vehicle repair as well. Repairs either by engineer (while not flying for helicopters) or base return. Ammo should be resupplied at base as well.
I agree with turning off the auto-repair. Make the engineers more valuable and they'd be more likely to equip the repair tool. It'd also stop the flaming chopper pilots dominating so much.

Near future for me, less weapon choice, less attachments (I mean what's the point of 5 or 6 suppressors that all do exactly the same thing ????), less camo's (how many are there o_O), remove the "counter knife" :mad:
MS server's, high tick rate, region lock, ping on scoreboard :thumbsup:

If they brought back Metro - Conquest then it needs to be designed like the rush variant that was seen on BF3 which means two different outside areas and the usual inside section.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom