Battlefield V

Is the next BF title break or bust for DICE at this point, following the lacklustre BF1 and BFV? Even the hardcore YouTubers and EA Game Changers seem to have a tough time defending them. I don't mind them for what they are, but they're not the same atmosphere as BF3 or BF4.

I would like to see a new Bad Company. I loved playing 1 and 2 in that series. I would happily take a remaster of BC2 with modern day button mappings. How would the campers cope without prone though.

Is the next BF title break or bust for DICE at this point, following the lacklustre BF1 and BFV? Even the hardcore YouTubers and EA Game Changers seem to have a tough time defending them. I don't mind them for what they are, but they're not the same atmosphere as BF3 or BF4.

I would like to see a new Bad Company. I loved playing 1 and 2 in that series. I would happily take a remaster of BC2 with modern day button mappings. How would the campers cope without prone though.
The hardcore BF youtubers more or less all moved on or partially moved on from covering BF after BF1 released. Some still cover it periodically. But gone are the days when you had dozens of channels covering every inch of a BF game.

The reasons were simple - BF1 stripped much of the ability they had to cover the game - hey guys lets do a weapon review of the next LMG - its exactly the same as all other LMGs except it only has half the ammo - yay!

Or whatever. Some see it as DICE chasing the casual console crowd but I think its more that they just lost their way a little. Became more interesting in the pretty packaging and frippery rather than the core sandbox experience. I like DICE and think they'll turn it round to be honest and think there is more than enough sustained interest in the game to make 6 a success. But they are competing now against a whole host of games built to capture longstanding attention, Destiny, Overwatch, Fortnite, Apex, PUBG - that is just the FPS games built for a long term audience alongside the usual competition of COD and Halo games that are also pitching themselves not to just be regular franchises but to hold player engagement for longer periods of time. Then of course there are the same things in different genres....its competitive out there for a game like BF that needs high and consistent player engagement to drive its ongoing sustainability. I don't think BF will ever quite be what it once was, but do think they can recapture much of their audience with a sensible move back to the BF3 style and more open sandbox elements.

Back to BFV topic. Teaming is rife in Firestorm. Such a shame as I am having fun playing it, just a chilled out BR which I hope returns in BF6 but is supported this time round.

I'm back as of today on Xbox with the series S so will be playing more of this as i had great last week with the squad, also enjoyed BFV more than i thought lol.

This now supports 120hz on the series X

I just play it at 4k 60 rather than 1080p 120hz the fps boost downgrades the resolution

One quick question, how the hell do I get my lad to play online BF V?
Hes got his own email address, its linked to a family account on EA (Teen)
When he loads it up, only campaign is available & it says " Failed to connect to EA online, please check ea.com/unable-to-connect"

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Was there not a “thing” that unless you had a full adult account you could not play any ea games online ?

I swear my godson had to use his dads live Id / account to play earlier battlefields as well as the Star Wars battlefront games

Was there not a “thing” that unless you had a full adult account you could not play any ea games online ?

I swear my godson had to use his dads live Id / account to play earlier battlefields as well as the Star Wars battlefront games
I was sort of getting to think this as well,seems like a viable reason
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom