Battlefield V

FB_IMG_1576509866220.jpg

woo they fixed the health bar showing through smoke and walls.

Installing... welcome back Battlefield V.

I stopped playing this because of the mucking around with TTK.

On the Pacific maps, whilst everyone is standing around waiting '6 hours later' for the dude they are shooting at to finally fall one of those flyboys in their almost invincible, yet strangely silent, contraptions comes swooping down to bomb all the fish in the barrel... live, die, repeat.

I also find this rendition of Wake Island disappointing - it was a hoot on BF1943, here it's dull :(

There really needs to be a proper hardcore mode on BF5 but until that happens and I don`t think it will, I have gone back to BF4.

I hadn`t played BF4 in ages, blimey what a difference. It might not be perfect but it`s a whole lot better experience than BF5.

If only it looked as good as BF5!

Its better than right after patch 5.2 but still they should revert all changes back to where they were.

I had some good matches over Christmas - always fun killing Xmas noobs!

Theres a bunch of maps where tanks just park up on the edge of the map and just sit there all match shelling everything and everyone

poor map design

Theres a bunch of maps where tanks just park up on the edge of the map and just sit there all match shelling everything and everyone

poor map design

I honestly think that has nothing to do with map design - and everything to do with terrible players. However - since you play breakthrough - that mode is simply built for that sort of nonsense. Its why I only do conquest - where proper BF exists - because you can flank irritants properly.

never been in to conquest just find it tedious taking the same points on the map over and over semms pointless to me . But hey I understand its the most popular mode in battlefield games just not for me

never been in to conquest just find it tedious taking the same points on the map over and over semms pointless to me . But hey I understand its the most popular mode in battlefield games just not for me

The reason I hate Breakthrough and operations is that its simply a mode that brings out the worst in gamers - the tank sniping, bush wookie, rock monsters all love those modes. To make them work takes very very precise and specific map design.

I enjoyed Rush back in BF3 where there were some maps that absolutely were designed specifically to be amazing maps for that mode. It was fun. You couldn't just lie in a bush and snipe (though many still tried) but since then I just think it takes too much work to make linear modes really fun given how the community has progressed (or regressed) depending on how you see it.

Lets give DICE some real credit - they've made two SMG's that finally have real points of difference to them and are a) interesting b) viable and c) fun.

The type 2A at over 1000 RPM feels different to every single gun in the game. Its a close range monster. Really fun to use on metro and smaller line of sight maps.

The grease gun is a 3-show kill 450RPM gun that sounds like it should be a longer range SMG but actually is a close range-mid range gun that has the option of a suppressor (that does little but hides direction of your shots). Its a really fun and interesting gun to use that means you can flank and if you get close enough take down 5 enemies or even more with one clip - 3 shot kills up close - easy to control - 30 bullets in a mag. I've gone on crazy streaks with this gun taking down 10 enemies in 30 seconds type situations.

Finally some interesting weapon variety for the medics.

I've tried, for a year, to remain positive about BfV btut with the now limited time i get to play games BfV is nowhere near the top of the list of game that i'll load up. I'd much rather play some Apex or Bf1 as my two 'main' games with a bit of dabbling with Cod, Project Cars and Pes2020.

i think my total hours on V in 2020 is 1. ive not played wake island, metro once etc. The pacific stuff is pretty damn cool, but the rest of the game is annoying

I played this a lot, pretty much daily, since early access via EA Access, but haven't touched it since October 2019, just before the TTK update was released. I haven't felt the urge to come back to it yet, since getting caught up in the Destiny grind again in Destiny 2.

I played this a lot, pretty much daily, since early access via EA Access, but haven't touched it since October 2019, just before the TTK update was released. I haven't felt the urge to come back to it yet, since getting caught up in the Destiny grind again in Destiny 2.
I've gone the other way! Finished the Destiny grind and was getting a Battlefield itch again. The time to kill isn't great, but it's being changed again soon. The medic weapons at close range seem fine but the damage on the assault rifles drops off way too much. Even at medium range a gun that used to be a 4 shot kill now feels like it needs 6 shots.

Enjoying the new maps though. Played a cracking round of breakthrough on Iwo Jima the other night with @gazred35 @Vespasian26 and @tigernuts. Also played my first round of Underground on conquest last night and went ham with the Type 2A :rotfl:

Regardless of the TTK changes, I've been playing BFV pretty much over and above everything else - just on the wrong console right now though :p

Seriously making me lean towards Xbox again as my main console - used to enjoy truning on a BF game and actually having some AVF to squad up with. Looks like the options might be a bit more limited currently though :p

New patch is up 5 and a bit gig. Not sure whether that means new map today or whether we have to wait a couple of days to play it.

New patch is up 5 and a bit gig. Not sure whether that means new map today or whether we have to wait a couple of days to play it.
Map is Thursday I think but happy to be proved wrong ;)

Loving the Solomon islands! a real solid Battlefield map, the TTK seems better also now they've tweeked it! :smashin:

I like the new map although its not as “jungley” as I was expecting, but with the visibility the way it is thats probably a good thing.

One thing I would like to see change is the defence lines on Breakthrough. Tanks on a couple of the sectors can just sit out of bounds for the defenders and pummel you and easily fall back to rep and get ammo.

TTK update seems OKish but the Type 2a and the M2 carbine just seem a bit OP due to fire rate.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom