BBC says March 2020 UK launch for Disney+

D

Deleted member 765458

"
According to the BBC, Disney’s SVoD service, Disney+, will launch in the UK in March 2020.

During a BBC Breakfast segment unveiling the new Britbox streaming platform, broadcaster Charlie Stayt said that rival service Disney+ would be launching in the UK in March of next year.

lg.php

There has so far been no concrete word on a UK launch date from Disney themselves – believed to be largely due to a quagmire of existing rights deals in place on various platforms for its vast library of content.

Disney+ launches in the US, Canada and The Netherlands on November 12th, and in Australia and New Zealand on November 19th. "

I'm sure I read a few days ago that the Sky - Disney contract runs out in March.

E75E1E27-9857-4F9C-866B-007FEDF355B5.jpeg

Good ol Charlie was right then! Lol

Disney+ will be available on multiple platforms
including:

• iOS & Apple TV​
• Amazon Fire TV & Fire HD​
• Android TV & devices​
• Roku​
• PlayStation 4​
• Xbox One​
• Google Chromecast​
• LG Smart TVs​
• Samsung Smart TVs​

Last edited:
It's going to be almost impossible to avoid Mandalorian spoilers for four months! Even UK based entertainment sites will be reviewing it, despite the fact that it won't be available till Spring.

Still, once it launches there should be no more staggered releases. It seems existing contracts with Sky across Europe were the reason it couldn't launch next week.

Would've made more sense to launch everywhere with restricted content, I would've thought, especially as they are saying not all content will be available everywhere anyway.

If people are only interested in the new stuff, like Mandalorian, I don't see them waiting until March.

Would've made more sense to launch everywhere with restricted content, I would've thought, especially as they are saying not all content will be available everywhere anyway.

If people are only interested in the new stuff, like Mandalorian, I don't see them waiting until March.
While I agree with you, I can almost imagine the internet outrage, what a rip off, does Disney think we are mugs.

Just see the Netflix is raising price by 50p threads etc. You can never win.

Five months after the north America rollout. As already said, will be impossible to avoid the Mandalorian spoilers.

The specific Mandalorian spoilers that connect directly with The Rise Of Skywalker that the showmakers have talked about will be meaningless by the time they are shown in the UK.

I can't see why Disney couldn't have delayed the US & Canada launch date and had a mass rollout on both sides of the Atlantic.

Last edited:
While I agree with you, I can almost imagine the internet outrage, what a rip off, does Disney think we are mugs.

Just see the Netflix is raising price by 50p threads etc. You can never win.

Oh, definitely, people would complain whatever they did:)

Don’t see the issue if they made it clear you’ll get limited content until March, then if people want it they can still subscribe.

I just think if people are going start pirating the Mandalorian, why stop once it’s legally available?

Disney, aren’t stupid though, they must know people will pirate it and they’ve probably crunched all sorts of numbers and done all sorts of projections, so you’d like to think someone high up knows what they’re doing :)

"
Disney+ is a big gamble for The Walt Disney company, and losses for the streaming unit more than doubled year-on-year to $740 million (€671.3m) in the quarter – the good news being that was under the $900 million guidance.

It meant overall the company saw a year-on-year dip of 66 per cent on Q4 profit ($0.78bn v $2.3bn) on revenue up substantially to $19.1 billion ($14.3bn) through the addition of the acquired Fox businesses "

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom