Be glad you don't live in Belarus

Thought I'd pop this here as is linked in ways it looks like.

Belarus is getting forgotten.

Another step towards "Greater Russia":

Vladimir Putin and Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko said they had made progress toward integrating the two countries’ economies during a summit on Thursday evening in advance of massive joint military exercises.

Speaking late on Thursday, Putin said the two leaders had agreed to coordinate the countries’ macroeconomic policies, institute common tax and customs measures, and harmonise other financial controls as part of a 28-point roadmap that is expected to increase Russia’s influence over its neighbour.

The countries will move to integrate their energy markets while maintaining steeply discounted supplies of natural gas to Belarus, and Russia will provide a further $630m in loans to the cash-strapped Belarusian government, Putin said.

I don't envy the interviewer's job of talking to Lukashenko -

I see "The West" has been forcing despots to be despotic again:

"We'll massacre all the scum that you [the West] have been financing. Oh, you're upset we've destroyed all your structures! Your NGOs, whatever they are, that you've been paying for," he responded.

Not watched all this yet, but it seems the BBC isn't quite dead in the water. This interview is being praised from all quarters for it's quality journalism.

There are no words suitable for a family forum to describe the shithouse he's interviewing.

I watched the interview and it was excellent. A reminder that the BBC is still capable.

A bit more now here about it -

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom