Beat Saber - 20th November 2018

An update for this has added a new track. Crab Rave - another monster track

You try it out yet?

I completed it on Hard and missed about 4 blocks, but failed miserably on expert. The different colour threw me a little.

Managed to get on Beat Saber to try Crab Rave. I really like the patterns on it. Took me a few goes to get the hang of it, but not far off Full Combo on Hard.

I've got the Full Combo for all of the other songs on Hard now. Just this one to go!

Update: picked up the full combo for this last night. On to expert now before they release some more songs!

Last edited:
Had my first go last night - cracking little game - really enjoyed it but found it tough to get a perfect run....... especially when some blocks hide the arrows of others............. I guess if you get 3 in a row quickly they are always going to be alternative (up down up etc) as you can't see the ones behind. Think I need to listen to how the beat reflects it and get into that more - at the moment it's more of a game with Dance music in the background rather than "feeling" the beats in the track - am sure that would make things easier. Had 1 go on Expert+......... ridiculous......

One that I would not have picked up with the comments on here though, and definitely glad I did.

Had my first go last night - cracking little game - really enjoyed it but found it tough to get a perfect run....... especially when some blocks hide the arrows of others............. I guess if you get 3 in a row quickly they are always going to be alternative (up down up etc) as you can't see the ones behind. Think I need to listen to how the beat reflects it and get into that more - at the moment it's more of a game with Dance music in the background rather than "feeling" the beats in the track - am sure that would make things easier. Had 1 go on Expert+......... ridiculous......

One that I would not have picked up with the comments on here though, and definitely glad I did.

The patterns usually follow some sort of logical movement, especially on higher levels. You tend to learn those rather than trying to sight read individual blocks.

The scoring is based on the swing of the saber, rather than the timing of hitting the block, but getting into the rhythm of the song does help.

I did another Beat Saber live stream, this time trying to get Full Combo on $100 Bills on expert.

Update:

So, shortly after the stream finishes, I get this email from YouTube

_20190428_100919.JPG

Which will be due to this video:

I filed a dispute for it because, Jaroslav Beck (the actually copyright holder of the song) gave permission for people to upload beat saber gameplay.

Last edited:
Well done with filing your dispute and knowing your rights! Surprisingly quick turnaround by Youtube...at least they didn't prolong it.

Another Beat Saber stream, this time an Expert Level play through of every song that is included with the game (OST Vol 1, OST Vol 2 and Extras). I managed to get through every song, other than Crab Rave - need some more practice on that one!

Am I the only one who immediately switched red and blue round the moment I played the game? Red for right just seems natural to me!?!?

I decided to re-visit the campaign on this. I'd not played that section of the game in months and had been stuck on level 17a, last time I played it.

Three hours later, I have all campaign levels complete :D

I managed to breeze through a lot of them, but a couple of the one handed levels took a number of tries to get past!

I'll probably be a bit sore tomorrow...

As I continue my quest for the Platinum Trophy on this, I'm compiling a playlist of my Full Combo runs on Expert. I've managed to Full Combo the first 6 tracks so far and they'll add to the playlist over the next few days. I'm hoping to get all the songs in there eventually, like I have done with the Full Combo runs on Hard

Very impressive Jimster!:thumbsup: Love this game but prefer to play casually & Hard level is about my ceiling! Angel voices & crab rave are probably my favourite tracks. I've got the monstercat track pack but i'm a bit disappointed that there's been no further tracks added to the playlist, the developers originally stated they were planning on adding new tracks monthly but that hasn't happened? Given the success of this game across various platforms it would be nice to have new tracks available every couple of months to keep it fresh. One thing i do like though with the existing tracks is by playing them on different speeds you effectively get a couple of different versions of each track which is a neat touch.

Very impressive Jimster!:thumbsup: Love this game but prefer to play casually & Hard level is about my ceiling! Angel voices & crab rave are probably my favourite tracks. I've got the monstercat track pack but i'm a bit disappointed that there's been no further tracks added to the playlist, the developers originally stated they were planning on adding new tracks monthly but that hasn't happened? Given the success of this game across various platforms it would be nice to have new tracks available every couple of months to keep it fresh. One thing i do like though with the existing tracks is by playing them on different speeds you effectively get a couple of different versions of each track which is a neat touch.

There's a new DLC pack being announced soon that is meant to be different genres to the usual EDM stuff.

They are working on some new fee tracks as well as OST Vol 3 (also free)

There will be another monstercat dlc at some point too.

They've been busy with the Quest release and the level editor for PC. Music licensing is being a pain for them though, which is the main cause of delays.

Crab Rave is good fun, but Angel Voices is nuts!

That sounds promising then Jimster, The EDM stuff works well with the game but some different genres would be good, but being an old raver myself i'd quite like to see some 'old skool' dance tracks from way back thrown in. It's a shame they're having licensing issues as it's the sort of game i'd end up spending loads on for extra tracks, i built up quite a collection on the old Rock band series on the 360 & i'd happily do the same for Beat saber! It's a quality game & an absolute 'must have' for anyone with psvr!:)

10th June for the next DLC pack (and update). No info what the artist is yet though.

It looks like the Quest is going to get custom level support in a future update, but PSVR won't be getting it - due to Sony's rules.

Edit: It's looking like the DLC pack will feature Imagine Dragons. Whether it is an Imagine Dragons pack or just featuring them, I don't know. There has been nothing announced yet, but a pixelated teaser has been shown to be from the cover of the song Natural.

Update: The DLC is dropping at 5pm today.

Last edited:
£9.99 for 10 songs. I don't mind the band so it was an insta-buy for me.

I’ll probably get it anyway as the more songs the better :)

Oh god! I might end up liking them!!

Gotta agree with Lancia i'm underwhelmed by this music pack but i too will probably end up getting it, if only to offer more tracks for friends & family to play. When i loaded the game up tonight there was an update in progress, i see they've changed the menu layout slightly & added easy & normal levels for angel voices, but once i started playing i found everything to be a liitle 'off'? I was playing under the same conditions i usually play with in regards to lighting etc, recentered a few times but i kept failing songs i usually breeze through? had a good session on friday but it feels like a different game tonight? convinced i'm hitting blocks but registering as a miss, at one point the screen went black on the menu & froze, i could just make out the icons on screen but unable to do anything, so had to restart, I played a couple of other games to check it's not my camera or calibration, they were fine? anybody else having any issues? The game just felt very 'muddy' & not as responsive as normal?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom