Being able to play favourite tracks more often in a shuffled playlist

karenvc1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have been using Itunes for a long time (I tend to listen more to imported CDs than streaming) and one thing I Iike about it is that I can add duplicates to a playlist so on shuffle my favourite ones will come up more often. There may have been a better way to do this but it has always worked for me as a quick way to weight against favourite tracks.

However, I'm moving over to Android devices and have transferred my music to Google Play Music. On GPM I can do the same - duplicate tracks in a playlist. However, GPM is coming to an end, of course. I have transferred my music to You Tube Music. However, whilst it retains the duplicates it does not shuffle them properly. Any tracks with the same name are stayed group together. I don't want to hear the same song more than once in a row but just to come up more often.

I have spent hours looking at alternatives such as Plex, IBroadcast and a handful of others and none of them allow duplicates in playlists or some other method to do what I want to do. I know on a lot you get the thumbs up/thumbs down and rating systems. But the thumbs up just seems to add them to a favourites playlist this just plays all your favourites in one go. I wouldn't want to just listen to them all in one go - just more often in the playlist that I play (depending on mood). Ratings just seems to be a way of ordering them but not playing them more often.

If anyone knows if there is a music service (preferably a free or low cost one) where I can simply do what I was able to in Itunes/GPM (or an alternative way to achieve this). I don't mind whether its from cloud service or or even just manually transferring music to my device and using an app that plays stored music (but also can do duplicates in playlists).

Any advice much appreciated.

Thank you.

In case anyone happens to try and reply I just wanted to say I have found a good solution with DoubleTwist.

Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom