Question Best £200 Speakers for Sonos Amp

JayLaFunk

Established Member
Reaction score
Budget of £200 for some bookshelf speakers for hooking up to a Sonos Amp for listening to my music stored on my NAS and from Spotify, what speakers would be my best option to buy.

floor or bookshelf?

any colour or finish preference?

which country are you in?

type of music?

how much space can you accommodate?

do you prefer new or dont mind used?

floor or bookshelf?

any colour or finish preference?

which country are you in?

type of music?

how much space can you accommodate?

do you prefer new or dont mind used?
Hi, thanks for the reply

Bookshelf

Black

UK

I have a big music library of most music genres

Room size of 21ft x 12ft

Would prefer new but would be open to a good used pair.

mission lx2

bronze 2

fyne audio f301

wharfedale 11.1

if your amp is good enough:

mission qx1 (£199 at richer sounds)

concept 20 (slightly over budget and will need a good quality amp to get the best)

mission lx2

bronze 2

fyne audio f301

wharfedale 11.1

if your amp is good enough:

mission qx1

concept 20
Cheers
I have been looking at the Mission LX2 and Q Acoustics 3020i, will have a look at the others you mention.

also the acoustic energy ae100 are £199 in walnut if you can live with it. in black they're £229.

I'd go with mission lx2 to be on the safe side aa im not familiar with your amp. the missions should fill the size of your room.. the q acoustics might be a bit bass light in your room size.

Last edited:
Add these, can be bought cheaper than the bronze 2 now. ive seen them new for £150 on ebsy

also the acoustic energy ae100 are £199 in walnut if you can live with it. in black they're £229.

I'd go with mission lx2 to be on the safe side aa im not familiar with your amp. the missions should fill the size of your room.. the q acoustics might be a bit bass light in your room size.
I have ordered the Q Acoustics 3020i instead of the Mission LX2's, thanks for your help.

Probably a stupid question but I will have 1 speaker fairly close (6 feet) to the Sonos Amp and the other 1 will be about (32 feet) away, should I make the speaker cable the same lengths or does it not matter?.

it shouldn't matter. if you have OCD then have them the same.

32 feet is a long way away.

When you say £200, you are really saying in the £100/pr to £200/pr range, and we can do that.

But, if you can push up into the £200 to £300/pr range, we can recommend some pretty impressive speakers. You don't even have to go to the full £300, just above £200.

Right now I believe the previous version of the Monitor Audio Bronze are on sale -

Monitor Audio Bronze 2 (6.5") - £189/pr -

You can find something different than this, but probably not something better for the money.

Pushing to the edge of your stated budget -

Dali Spektor 2 (5.25") - £199/pr -

In a more compact speaker with modest bass, but good sound, then -

Q Acoustic Q-3020i (5.25") - £168/pr -

If you have to scale back in size, the -

Monitor Audio Bronze 1 (5.5") - £129/pr -

Personally, I don't think you can do better than the somewhat large Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers. Note there are other finishes available.

Just one man's opinion.

Steve/bluewizard

it shouldn't matter. if you have OCD then have them the same.

32 feet is a long way away.
No I don't suffer from OCD lol, It's because I'm running the cable under the carpet profile to the wall.

When you say £200, you are really saying in the £100/pr to £200/pr range, and we can do that.

But, if you can push up into the £200 to £300/pr range, we can recommend some pretty impressive speakers. You don't even have to go to the full £300, just above £200.

In a more compact speaker with modest bass, but good sound, then -

Q Acoustic Q-3020i (5.25") - £168/pr -

Just one man's opinion.

Steve/bluewizard
Cheers Steve,

That's the one's I ordered today in black, coming on Monday from Audio Visual Online for £168.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom