Question Best 55" <£1500

Sptz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've posted here yesterday but have decided to up my budget as I'd like to get something more "longer lasting" and higher quality. I've narrowed down to these 4 but if there's any other suggestions, feel free to do so.

I'm very interested in OLED so I'm thinking of snubbing the Q85. (Even though that isn't a MUST).

My main uses will be Netflix (UHD plan), Prime Video, Youtube and UHD HDR content from my personal library (video files, not Blu-Ray). TV Catchup will be used very very scarcely, and no sports, live TV at all. If so it will be so minor it's not important at all. Gaming *MIGHT* be a possibility in a very distant future (something like a Switch and/or PS5/XBX) but it's most definitely something in the lower tier of importance compared to the rest.
So all in all, I want the absolute best experience for movie / tv show watching.

Samsung QE55Q85R£1200 (£949 with Samsung Cashback)
Panasonic TX55GZ950B£1,250 - Hughes with £50 off Voucher
Panasonic TX55GZ1000B£1,350 - Hughes with £50 off Voucher
LG OLED55C9PLA£1,249

Last edited:
The Panasonic GZ950 and the GZ1000 are the same performance with picture quality, there's little reason to go for the higher end model.

Since you seem a movie enthusiast, the benefits the Panasonic has with its superior picture processing and picture accuracy probably makes it the best TV for you.

The LG C9 is perhaps the better all-round TV and the LG B9 isn't far behind either.

I'm not sure why you are considering an LCD still, either look at OLEDs or LCDs, make a decision on that first before deciding between different technologies! Its hard enough as it is!

The Panasonic GZ950 and the GZ1000 are the same performance with picture quality, there's little reason to go for the higher end model.

Since you seem a movie enthusiast, the benefits the Panasonic has with its superior picture processing and picture accuracy probably makes it the best TV for you.

The LG C9 is perhaps the better all-round TV and the LG B9 isn't far behind either.

I'm not sure why you are considering an LCD still, either look at OLEDs or LCDs, make a decision on that first before deciding between different technologies! Its hard enough as it is!

You're right. I've snubbed the Q85 already. I'm very much leaning towards the LG C9 for sure. I think I might go for that. Is there any immediate cons compared to the Panny from your perspective?

You're right. I've snubbed the Q85 already. I'm very much leaning towards the LG C9 for sure. I think I might go for that. Is there any immediate cons compared to the Panny from your perspective?
Not other than I have already mentioned in the comparison. The LG is a better all-round TV due to its smart platform and updated HDMI connectivity. I highly doubt you'd buy either the LG or Panasonic and wish you had bought the other later, both cracking TVs.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom