Best 65 inch TV for under £600

Cluelesss

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all thanks for reply to this in advance, I really appreciate taking the time out to help me.

I'm looking to buy a 65 inch TV for my parents, but the budget is around £600 or there abouts. I also work for the NHS so if anyone know any particular discounts that apply that would be great.

They are both fairly old, so if it's fairly easy to use, they also want netflix and prime, ideally has a minimum 3 year gaurentee. They sit 4m away from it.

Looking to buy in the next few weeks or whenever a deal pops up, perpahs there is a model I should look out for or reductions pending.

As a bonus does anyone know who offer wall mount services, as I'm not able to visit them...

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Last edited:
If they don't need wide viewing angles I'd get this: Buy Hisense Roku TV 65 Inch R65B7120UK 4K Smart LED TV with HDR | Televisions | Argos

If they do, get an LG instead.

Both LG with WebOS and Hisense with Roku are easy to use.

Netflix prime are on all TVs but a TV this cheap is best avoided for HDR usage, so you may want to consider keeping either HD only plans, or using an external device for UHD so you can turn HDR off on the HDMI port.

Local installers will be listed in directories like yell.com. Just search for TV installers. They tend to be the same people who fit antenna, satellite dishes too.
Here's a search in Birmingham: Television Installation near Birmingham | Get a Quote - Yell

Great, that's so helpful, thanks, really..

They want to watch films on netflix, prime so that would be a the main thing as well as normal freeview, they don't have sky etc.

What would be the price jump to get something that's good for uncomplicated and quality HDR usage? If perhaps I could stretch a little more.

👍👍

Sony XF9005 if you can still find one. Should be sub £1000.

Best way to get good HDR cheaper would be to go the refurb route:

Sony XF9005/XG9505 or better.

If you want both HDR & easy to use smart TV consider either the Samsung Q70R or newer Hisense U8Q.

Thanks for your advice, I got the XF9005 as I liked the trusted brand name of Sony, and I got it at reasonable price with 6 year gaurentee so happy with that.

I also read an article that Sony are introducing “now tv“ on their sets, so sky sports on with subscriptionis availiable. Is this true?

Thanks for your advice, I got the XF9005 as I liked the trusted brand name of Sony, and I got it at reasonable price with 6 year gaurentee so happy with that.

I also read an article that Sony are introducing “now tv“ on their sets, so sky sports on with subscriptionis availiable. Is this true?
People have apparently been testing the now tv app on the Sony tv android platform for a while so I can’t imagine it will be long before it’s due out.

People have apparently been testing the now tv app on the Sony tv android platform for a while so I can’t imagine it will be long before it’s due out.

Thanks for your reply that's great news then, hopefully it's in the pipeline. Where is the info about people testing it, is it sideloading the app or something I'd like to try? Cheers

Thanks for your reply that's great news then, hopefully it's in the pipeline. Where is the info about people testing it, is it sideloading the app or something I'd like to try? Cheers
You will probably have to be part of the Sony beta testing team to take part.
I think there was some info on the official Sony tv forums

I've just been told with a screen capture on the Sony forums that it has been released in Italy already, so I guess it will be making its way shortly. 😎

HI,
I'm in the market for a 65 Inch TV, which I would use mainly for Movies and TV series (Amazon, Netflix, Disney +). I was quote happy with my 65 inch LG, 2019 model, which unfortunately broke.

Do you have any suggestions?
I have been looking at LG and Samsung options

Samsung-TU7100-HDR-Smart-Tizen
LG 65UN70006LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV

I am not sure whether it's worth spending more for a NanoCell TV or if I should wait for Black Friday or After Christmas for better deals.
Thanks in advance for your help!

or if I should wait for Black Friday or After Christmas for better deals.
You should, since TVs are presently over priced. Especially if you are wanting to buy from a Japanese or Korean brand.

Thanks for the the suggestion.
at this price level would you go for Samsung or LG?

I'll be releasing a new guide ahead of the discounts, but here's last years: 2019-20/2020-21 range comparison.

You can read the opening post to make some steps and narrow down some things before buying a TV. The most important at this kind of price range is which panel type you want from the TV.

Once you have settled on a type of panel it makes narrowing down easier. For example, 65" LGs use an IPS type panel, whereas Hisense models use VA.

Samsung are hard to recommend, since we don't know which panel the TV comes with.

If you were happy with LG before, why not go LG again?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom