Best Dolby Atmos Blu-rays - article discussion

San Andreas AUS/NZ Blu-ray - Dolby Atmos 5.1.2.

:clap::clap::clap: Review Over.

Last edited:
Just watched Pacific Rim and thank god the mrs and the neighbours are out cause I've cranked it and it's like im sitting in my own little imax.
Probably the best sounding film I've experienced immersion wise so far and its only on a 5.1.2

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) BD Dolby ATMOS 5.1.2

I know that many on this forum wouldn't "waste 2 hours of their lives" on watching this movie, but I'm a bit weird, and I like these type of movies.

Lots of fun, reference quality video, excellent villain and an absolutely kick-ass, ear shattering, sub-woofing Atmos audio track.

There were times when I thought that the audio was too much. What am I saying? This movie, and others like it are why I upgraded my surround system. I haven't seen Pacific Rim yet (I have the 4K disc but no player), but, if its better than this Atmos track, I'm gonna be in for an awesome time.

Have to say the UHD version of Pacific Rim has gone to the top of the tree on its visuals and maybe more so the Atmos mix . Oh my it's a bone shaking experience but more than that , it's so precise all round ( including Overheads )didn't think I would put this film top o the list on the UHD front , it delivers the goods though on both fronts.

I thought visually Pacific Rim could look sublime but there are scenes that just didn't look right colour wise. Not sure if it was just cause most of the sets where green screen or what.
Audio wise though brilliant!

Suicide Squad - options and dilemnas.

• UHD - protect for future - does the BR that comes with this also include Atmos (so I can enjoy in the meantime), i.e. same disc as first item?
Can those with the discs of the last two please confirm.....thanks.

The BR that accompanies the UHD disc has Atmos.

The BR that accompanies the UHD disc has Atmos.

Post 1042 confirmed too, thanks though. I was looking to see if 3D and BR contained the same Atmos too. And they appear to do - well done Universal Pictures.

Just ordered....[emoji1305]

I'm watching Unbroken at the moment, the opening scene is absolutely stunning.

I'm watching Unbroken at the moment, the opening scene is absolutely stunning.
It really is an awesome 10 minutes
..the overheads are in constant use.

Although it's still early days for Dolby Atmos, there are now enough Blu-ray releases for us to list our ten favourite discs.

Read the article
I bought SICARIO however IMO it is absolute total RUBBISH, Firstly is it because of DOLBY ATMOS and my Sony AVR does not feature Atmos that the speech is low in volume, I had to keep adjusting the volume. This Blue-Ray is absolute CRAP both story & sound.

I bought SICARIO however IMO it is absolute total RUBBISH, Firstly is it because of DOLBY ATMOS and my Sony AVR does not feature Atmos that the speech is low in volume, I had to keep adjusting the volume. This Blue-Ray is absolute CRAP both story & sound.
Maybe you should read a review on a film before buying blind?

I thought sicario was immense and intense with an awesome Dolby Atmos soundtrack

I agree that low dialog level can be a problem with many modern films, but Sicario is far from rubbish.

I first saw it before I got Atmos and it was great even then.

Tonight's viewing was Everest, another fantastic soundtrack.

Last edited:
Sicario for me and imo is one of the best looking and sounding discs on blu..never had any problem with dialogue..had to turn it down a notch or 2 when viewing lol

My latest Atmos viewing was Terminator Genisys, which is a real powerhouse of an Atmos track. I see that Steve Withers has it in his Top 10 Atmos movies. I would have been disappointed if it wasn't. I can totally recommend it.

Just watched another in Steve's Top 10, Jupiter Ascending on BD.
Say what you like about the actual movie, but this Atmos track really kicks ass.

I watched Sully last night, and while there's a fair amount of talking scenes that don't give the speakers much to do, everything involving the plane and the flight itself will bring a smile to your face.

Just watched another in Steve's Top 10, Jupiter Ascending on BD.
Say what you like about the actual movie, but this Atmos track really kicks ass.
Agreed..the Atmos track is very aggressive with plenty of overhead action.

I'm currently watching a 5.1 version of Deepwater Horizon.
I'll stick my neck out and I'm going to say it's going to be the best Atmos disc to date.
Simply amazing just matrixed into Atmos.

Watched In The Heart Of The Sea and it is probably the most immersive Atmos score that I've heard so far. It has several stand out moments when the overheads come into play, but throughout the movie, I felt as though I was inside a large bubble, with the sound totally enveloping me. Movie was better than I expected too.

Just watched my Leon: The Professional and to be honest there wasn't much going on at the ceiling level.
Still a nice afternoon viewing of a movie I haven't seen in ages.

I finally got around to watch Leon myself tonight, maybe I'm too lenient because it's one of my favourite 90's films but I thought the audio was immense.

It probably helps that I've given up on hearing overhead effects due to the underwhelming nature of my Onkyo upfirers, so I just enjoyed the gunfire and Eric Serra's score trying to win the battle for which was loudest noise surrounding me :)

It's such a pity that the disc is Region A locked because both picture and audio are top notch IMHO.

I finally got around to watch Leon myself tonight, maybe I'm too lenient because it's one of my favourite 90's films but I thought the audio was immense.

It probably helps that I've given up on hearing overhead effects due to the underwhelming nature of my Onkyo upfirers, so I just enjoyed the gunfire and Eric Serra's score trying to win the battle for which was loudest noise surrounding me :)

It's such a pity that the disc is Region A locked because both picture and audio are top notch IMHO.
If you ever get the chance to position/listen to speakers in the overhead position Mike, I'm sure you will love it

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom