Best Dolby Atmos Blu-rays - article discussion

Off topic but BT do Dolby Atmos on live matches now, Liverpool v Chelsea sounds pretty good!

Question is do all those Lionsgate movies that have been mentioned give Atmos on rentals?
Lionsgate are well known for providing crippled sound on rental films

Did you ever find out an answer to this mate?

Off topic but BT do Dolby Atmos on live matches now, Liverpool v Chelsea sounds pretty good!
Did you watch the match with Atmos yandy?

Did you watch the match with Atmos yandy?

I did mate, it was at Anfield so the usual pre-match chorus of "You'll never walk alone" sounded great, through the match it was maybe a little better, but it filled the room with sound when the crowd got lively.

I was hoping with it being in Liverpool a few Police choppers would have came through my ceiling speakers, but no joy. :)

Cheers matey..Glad to see.BT sport supporting atmos..wonder if sky do?..just had a good offer for the full package ( sport's, movies blah blah all in HD) £35 a month for 18 months...#tempeted....now what would Chris pines brother do?? Hmm

Cheers matey..Glad to see.BT sport supporting atmos..wonder if sky do?..just had a good offer for the full package ( sport's, movies blah blah all in HD) £35 a month for 18 months...#tempeted....now what would Chris pines brother do?? Hmm

He would probably spell tempted correctly.

tumblr_mran2mtTsu1qc5qo7o1_500.gif

He would probably spell tempted correctly.

View attachment 819406
Stupid predictive text and stupid you, for thoroughness [emoji1]
I also wish my predictive text had more predictability on predicting the most predictable outcome..omg I'm waffling..
Lol...

The best dolby atmos blu ray is....
gravity , [emoji1] [emoji106]

Last edited:
I was hoping with it being in Liverpool a few Police choppers would have came through my ceiling speakers, but no joy. :)
Is that Dolby Atmos over DD+ then? All via hdmi I assume...? Can't see the point, would DSU sound the same?

Is that Dolby Atmos over DD+ then? All via hdmi I assume...? Can't see the point, would DSU sound the same?

Yes over DD+ HDMI, it probably would sound similar to be fair as it's not gonna be using the height speakers much apart from the times I mentioned, but it's still a good USP for BT I suppose.

Stupid predictive text and stupid you, for thoroughness [emoji1]
I also wish my predictive text had more predictability on predicting the most predictable outcome..omg I'm waffling..
Lol...

The best dolby atmos blu ray is....
gravity , [emoji1] [emoji106]

I don't think I have a favourite, Gravity is very good, and I could think of the best demo scene in each Dolby Atmos movie I own, but none stand out as being better than the rest. It's good to be spoiled for choice.

Everest for making you feel you are up there, Mad Max for the madness of it all, and so on.

I just love the fact it puts you right into the movie and can't help but smile when I hear footsteps or general chaos, coming out the height speakers. :cool:

I don't think I have a favourite, Gravity is very good, and I could think of the best demo scene in each Dolby Atmos movie I own, but none stand out as being better than the rest. It's good to be spoiled for choice.

Everest for making you feel you are up there, Mad Max for the madness of it all, and so on.

I just love the fact it puts you right into the movie and can't help but smile when I hear footsteps or general chaos, coming out the height speakers. :cool:

Amen brother! [emoji120]

Just watched Deepwater Horizon. The Atmos is outstanding, great film also. I have down firing Monitor Audio ceiling speakers.,firt real run out and we'll pleased.
Does anyone know if the PS store film rentals are Atmos?

Just watched Deepwater Horizon. The Atmos is outstanding, great film also. I have down firing Monitor Audio ceiling speakers.,firt real run out and we'll pleased.
Does anyone know if the PS store film rentals are Atmos?

BR also has Atmos? Or you just referring to UHD?

Bluray.com have just posted a review of the U.S. release of Hacksaw Ridge, which is out in a couple of weeks and seems to include a rather nice Atmos mix :)

I managed to pick up a copy of Gravity - Special Edition in CEX today for £5.
Going to watch/hear it now.

Excellent price!! Was it in good 'nic?
I've put a picture up in the Steelbook section.

But yes. Very good condition. Slip cover in good condition no scratches on discs.

I managed to pick up a copy of Gravity - Special Edition in CEX today for £5.
Going to watch/hear it now.
Great price..i recently sold mine for £19!! So good bargain pick up there.

Dunno if this has been mentioned before but my German blu of Legend, the Ronnie/Reggie Kray film, not the Tom Cruise one, has Atmos audio and based on the first 15 minutes I've watched, it's a pretty nifty one too :)

No explosions yet, but the pub scene at 12 minutes has some lovely surround effects.

The UK release also has an Atmos track.

Watched Live by Night this afternoon and there's a few decent moments, particularly in a hotel shootout sequence near the end.

Didn't see this at the cinema, but since the original Lego Movie had a pretty boisterous DTS MA 5.1 mix the Atmos on this could be nice :)

IMG_1093.JPG

June 13th for the U.S. and 19th for the UK.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom