Best Dolby Atmos Blu-rays - article discussion

So that's how you become a distinguished member
13k + messages since Jan 2016 doesn't make any sense

I have been a member since 2007 and only done 3K+

Guys this is getting real annoying your at it like cat and dog, one thing to disagree on a topic but you constantly have squabbling matches at each other.
If you think someone taking thread off topic report them.

That would be the majority of Roku's posts.

Ignoring him is pretty difficult when he obviously dominates most threads i read with his rhetoric. View attachment 886501View attachment 886502View attachment 886503

If you add him to the ignore list threads no longer make sense.

If he was just posting drivel about Christmas tree's and ignoring the setup advice he was asking for that wouldn't be so bad, but not he confusing less experienced members who come to the forums for help and advice by giving them factually wrong information.

View attachment 886507 View attachment 886508 View attachment 886509

and like you said - he's getting away with it.
Getting away with what exactly? I simply suggested something that has worked for me and that is a real configuration included within my Denon receiver settings.
Even if what I posted was inacccurate-which is not-would you jump off a roof just because someone posts that jumping off roofs does you good?
Here is what I suggested:

Attachments

• surround.jpg
    surround.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 118
So that's how you become a distinguished member
13k + messages since Jan 2016 doesn't make any sense

I have been a member since 2007 and only done 3K+
Any more of it and they will have there average lowered with a holiday from the forum. The cant stop when asked.

Getting away with what exactly? I simply suggested something that has worked for me and that is a real configuration included within my Denon receiver settings.
Even if what I posted was inacccurate-which is not-would you jump off a roof just because someone posts that jumping off roofs does you good?
Here is what I suggested:

Sorry thats not an atmos layout according to dolby.

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technol...tmos-home-theater-installation-guidelines.pdf

If you are using only two Dolby Atmos enabled speakers, place them at the front left and front right speaker locations.

Sorry thats not an atmos layout according to dolby.

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technol...tmos-home-theater-installation-guidelines.pdf

If you are using only two Dolby Atmos enabled speakers, place them at the front left and front right speaker locations.
The goal of the post was not to show the guy what is and what is not considered a Atmos configuration "according to Dolby", but just to suggest something as an alternative that may work. I did not make it up, as it is a valid configuration Denon (has included in SETUP menu). So what forum rule are we breaking by suggesting to give it a try?

Last edited:
Roku2 and Vila
You two don't seem to know how to cool it so have a vacation from the thread for a week.

Roku2 and Vila
You two don't seem to know how to cool it so have a vacation from the thread for a week.

Thanks Garret we can now get the thread back on topic.

I'm working my way through Game of Thrones, on season 3 now I must say the Atmos mix on these is simply awesome, especially any scene that is in a big hall or large room, you really feel the echoes above.

I'm working my way through Game of Thrones, on season 3 now I must say the Atmos mix on these is simply awesome, especially any scene that is in a big hall or large room, you really feel the echoes above.
Better get a tin hat for Season 6 then.;)

When you get that new bluray in Atmos you were looking forward to play on your Atmos system, how loud (dBs) do you usually play it that very first time you want to get a good idea of what it sounds like?

When you get that new bluray in Atmos you were looking forward to play on your Atmos system, how loud (dBs) do you usually play it that very first time you want to get a good idea of what it sounds like?

150dBs

Reference , if your system can take it and your wife and neighbours are out of the country :laugh:.

The more movies I watch with Atmos/DTS:X makes me think that there are very few meh soundtracks in these codecs. Most movies I have seen lately have sounded superb in Atmos, and we could add almost any of them to this thread.

I have 50 Atmos discs and 6 DTS:X discs, and they all sound great. I have no preference for either codec, but I just want all releases to include one or the other.

Reference , if your system can take it and your wife and neighbours are out of the country [emoji23].
That's what I thought. But today I tried to watch Life UHD at lower volume around -25dB and it seemed as I could catch more details and little nuances than when I play at -4dB

Received Ghost In the Shell Blu Ray and 3D combo today and it features Atmos on both discs.

Just rewatched The Man From Uncle and found it a lot more enjoyable audio-wise now that I have a decent pair of upfirers.

There's also some serious LFE on offer and a scene at about the 1hr 46mins mark, where Karyakin is in his hotel room went deep enough to rattle the glass in the posters hanging nearest the sub:)

Just rewatched The Man From Uncle and found it a lot more enjoyable audio-wise now that I have a decent pair of upfirers.

There's also some serious LFE on offer and a scene at about the 1hr 46mins mark, where Karyakin is in his hotel room went deep enough to rattle the glass in the posters hanging nearest the sub:)
What upfirers you using Mike?

Changed my Onkyos for Elac A4s and genuinely notice a difference.
Thinking of doing exactly the same thing. Just need to offload the Onkyo's.

There's no escaping the fact that in ceiling is the best way to go, but that isn't an option for me.

Since I've bought them I've revisited some of my favourites like 13 Hours, Everest and my Region A Fifth Element blu and not been disappointed.

Did you get them at a good price?

I'll send you a PM in case someone gets narked about the thread going off topic :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom