Best Dolby Atmos Blu-rays - article discussion

Didn't see this at the cinema, but since the original Lego Movie had a pretty boisterous DTS MA 5.1 mix the Atmos on this could be nice :)

View attachment 863107

June 13th for the U.S. and 19th for the UK.

im trying to decide weather to watch this in 3D or 4k! anyone seen this in 3D can recommend it?, genrally as a rule animated 3D kicks butt! but also 4k kicks but when its reference ! (which is not as often as I would like )

And another one :)

IMG_1096.JPG

U.S. disc has Atmos, presumably the UK one will follow suit.

I wonder if Mrs N will kick up a stink if I don't walk in with this in 4k!! Lol..she said she enjoyed it at the flicks..still not watched it myself

I'm all in favour of the 4k choice if it was the only way to get the Atmos option, but this will suit your setup perfectly and Mario has it in stock at a non stratospheric price for a change :)

I'm all in favour of the 4k choice if it was the only way to get the Atmos option, but this will suit your setup perfectly and Mario has it in stock at a non stratospheric price for a change :)
Good price indeed.uk release is 12/06..so not bad at all..im not region A capable though lol

Good price indeed.uk release is 12/06..so not bad at all..im not region A capable though lol

He likes to cover himself against everything. It's a Universal disc, I've never known any of their major releases to be locked.

Just noticed there will be a 3D release also and assuming will have atmos, 3D and atmos are a winning combo in my eyes, can't see Mario with the 3D so may wait for the UK release [emoji106]

Having just entered the Atmos arena, I have ordered my first batch of Atmos bluray's (no UHD player yet!) I have ordered Everest; John Wick & American sniper :thumbsup: should all be here within the next couple of days :D

Last edited:
I've just watched Warcraft and really enjoyed it all round.
The 3D was good too.

I've just watched Warcraft and really enjoyed it all round.
The 3D was good too.
Ill have to watch this again real soon, and dont think you need to know the game, goodness me its not like rocket science to follow.
I hope they make a sequill although not looking promosing.

quote from Wiki.
Warcraft premiered in Paris on May 24, 2016, and was released by Universal Pictures in the United States on June 10, 2016.[7] The film grossed $433 million worldwide and is the highest-grossing video game adaptation of all time,[3][8] although it was still considered a mild financial disappointment due to its very large $160 million budget.[9] The film made over $220 million in China alone, representing more than half of its global total box office.[9]

Ill have to watch this again real soon, and dont think you need to know the game, goodness me its not like rocket science to follow.
I hope they make a sequill although not looking promosing.

quote from Wiki.
Warcraft premiered in Paris on May 24, 2016, and was released by Universal Pictures in the United States on June 10, 2016.[7] The film grossed $433 million worldwide and is the highest-grossing video game adaptation of all time,[3][8] although it was still considered a mild financial disappointment due to its very large $160 million budget.[9] The film made over $220 million in China alone, representing more than half of its global total box office.[9]
I agree. I don't know anything about the game and still enjoyed it. Looked wonderful in 3D and ends ready for part 2.
I do hope they make the next one.

John Wick was in Atmos on BluRay - but John Wick 2 in the UK is not.

It is Atmos in Germany and the US. And both their UHD discs come with the BR in Atmos in these markets too.

Surely it was more trouble to produce a DTS-HD MA 5.1 version for the UK than providing the DTS-HD MA 7.1 Atmos?

It is Atmos in Germany and the US. And both their UHD discs come with the BR in Atmos in these markets too.

Surely it was more trouble to produce a DTS-HD MA 5.1 version for the UK than providing the DTS-HD MA 7.1 Atmos?
I definitely won't be buying the UK Blu-ray because of this. If WB want restrict Dolby Atmos to UHD that's their decision but if that same movie is available from another country I'll purchase from there.
In the case of John Wick 2 it looks like we are also missing the audio commentary that's on the US and German disc Yes, I do listen to the audio commentaries. I will most likely buy the German steelbook from amazon.de although not available until later this month.

Say what you want about the 4K presentation of Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, but the Atmos track is demo worthy IMO. Disappointed with the 4K transfer, but luuurved the superb audio track.

I definitely won't be buying the UK Blu-ray because of this. If WB want restrict Dolby Atmos to UHD that's their decision but if that same movie is available from another country I'll purchase from there.
In the case of John Wick 2 it looks like we are also missing the audio commentary that's on the US and German disc Yes, I do listen to the audio commentaries. I will most likely buy the German steelbook from amazon.de although not available until later this month.
I have moaned on the WarnerBros Facebook visitors page today. Click on Visitors Posts.

Warner Bros. Pictures

Like it if you want to add some weight to the moan. If AVforums and its enthusiasts can't be bothered, we will keep getting shafted. Click on Visitors Posts.

I've just ordered the John Wick 2 German Steelbook.
It really stinks that we are getting short changed again.

I know what you mean..i purchased the 4k uhd, but the Atmos is unmissable

I don't recall seeing this posted on here - thought it may be useful. (it's a Dolby PDF list of Dolby Atmos BR/3D/UHD releases - in the UK).

From Dolby Website.

Attachments

• Dolby Atmos Home Media - UK_June17.pdf
    340.9 KB · Views: 105
I watched the new power rangers 4k uhd on Saturday..1st class atmos track..immense!

Last edited:

Hi mate do you have a link for the German blu ray if it's go at Atmos I will order that assuming it's in English

Hi mate do you have a link for the German blu ray if it's go at Atmos I will order that assuming it's in English

I would find out about the subs first as this, like the first has unique subs, which were not on the Skandanavian release of JW 1.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Cheers for the link but I can't read german so don't understand about the sound and subs available.
Oops never mind read the first link now, seems just German subs only :(

On the Amazon.de site, just select ENglish - website translates.

Subtitles may be German. But Atmos soundtrack is in English, so I expect you would select No Subs!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom