Best DTS:X Blu-rays

Just watched Daddy's Home again with Dts:X, first time was with Dolby DSU.

Definitely an improvement over the fake atmos, it sounded great, good use of overheads and the few times that music was used (AC/DC's Thunderstruck when Ferrell sees Wahlberg for the first time sounded amazing!) it filled the room.

Not Ferrell's best movie but I still like it. :smashin:

Out of curiosity, any one with Atmos speakers & a compatible amp, tell the difference between Atmos & DTS-X ?
I have a few DTS-X discs but waiting for the software update from Arcam.
Dolby Atmos sounds impressive though. I'm sure DTS-X will be similar, if not better.
Tbh most of the DTS:X releases have been pretty poor films. I'd say so far Atmos has the edge but there's not much in it.

Atmos seems to have better spec but DTS X mixers seem better

Tbh most of the DTS:X releases have been pretty poor films. I'd say so far Atmos has the edge but there's not much in it.

It was the same with Dolby True HD & DTS-HD i found very little difference to my ears.
I possibly found though that DTS-HD sounded slightly better. Probably not though, although prefered the DTS introduction on certain discs:)

is ip man 3 UK in dts x?

London has Fallen sounds good with dts:x as does Whisky Tango Foxtrot.

I've just bought The Last Witch Hunter.
It's got 7.1 but no DTS:X.

Looks like we've been stung compared to the US version.
I just bought and watched "The Last Witchhunter" regular blu-ray and it has certainly has DTS:X.
freedvdcover_lastwitchhunter-bdcoverscan.jpg

I am all setup for D:X, now if only Anthem would release the new firmware....o_O

Has anyone got the US version of Gods of Egypt?
What's the sound like?

Looks like the UK release is just 5.1 DTS MA

I watched the UK version this week in DTSMA and even Atmos would not improve this POS movie.

I must have poor taste then:)

IMV the story was poor and the acting was awful, special effects were ok and the image quality was stunning.

Anything mythical is my bag.

Myth Congeniality

The Mytht

This is my new favourite game! :laugh:

But off topic so I'm getting mine out the way then I'm done.

They call me Mythter Tibbs!
Mythion : Impossible
Mything in Action

Aaah I'm spent.

I must have poor taste then:)

IMV the story was poor and the acting was awful, special effects were ok and the image quality was stunning.
I have to agree with you I watched the Atmos version, it was OK ish at best, nothing can improve on it:) makes us two with terrible taste. It reminded me of some very old amateur kids movies.

Last edited:
This is my new favourite game! :laugh:

But off topic so I'm getting mine out the way then I'm done.

They call me Mythter Tibbs!
Mythion : Impossible
Mything in Action

Aaah I'm spent.

Mythithippy Burning ? :D

I have to agree with you I watched the Atmos version, it was OK ish at best, nothing can improve on it:) makes us two with terrible taste. It reminded me of some very old amateur kids movies.
I played the original Jason and the Argonauts to my 7 year old nephew the other day and he said it was really awful.
Ones man meat and all that. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom