Best DTS:X Blu-rays

Upcoming U.S. release of The Girl on the Train has a DTS:X track listed.

Didn't see this at the cinema so i can't say if it's going to be something to look forward to, audio wise :)

Just watched the UHD of Snow White & the Huntsman.

Great Dts:X track on this with some great demo scenes, especially when SW first goes into the forest.

Just watched the UHD of Snow White & the Huntsman.

Great Dts:X track on this with some great demo scenes, especially when SW first goes into the forest.

One of our favourites at the moment.

Gunman does not do immersive sound justice
Very underutilized

Didn't rate sequels DTS x track

Ye gods not even 3d and my first DTS X track was enough to make me sit through that piece of hackneyed claptrap . I was by no means was expecting to watch a film of depth (hell one of my favourite films last year was TMNT 2), but it was dire .Still its good to know i'm not missing anything as far as a soundtrack experience goes .

I've been watching hannibal tv series on blueray with dts nueral x and it's really quite impressive that series had best tv surround track anyway the sound designers really went to town with the series even without height speakers. I was a bit skeptical about nueral x but not anymore it does a great job with this tv series.it rackets up the creepy factor to 11.

Bourne legacy dts x superb! Uhd

My copy of Patriots Day has been shipped so hopefully it'll be another one to add to the list.

My copy of Patriots Day has been shipped so hopefully it'll be another one to add to the list.
I started watching it it's pretty awesome, lots of overhead and great bass.

Just finished Patriots Day and as well as being a brilliantly made film, far more involving for me than Deepwater Horizon, the audio is absolutely superb, thoroughly recommended.

Finally tried the DTS:Neural:X upmixer, on The Lone Ranger which has DTS HD MA 7.1 audio on the BD.

Very impressive. Good use of the ceiling speakers made me wonder "how does it know which sounds to put up there when its not a true DTS:X mix?" because everything seemed to fit perfectly. Absolutely loving my new set up. Really looking forward to upgrading my viewing hardware now. :)
Just love this film. Look forward to trying the upscaling

Ex Machina (subtle mix, not the best demo)
Crimson Peak(really good effects)
Just ordered Crimson Peak after my first great experience with DTS X on Despicable Me UHD disc.
When I played Despicable Me the first time I immediately noticed this was not your ordinary soundtrack. It makes Atmos sound obsolete!

Just ordered Crimson Peak after my first great experience with DTS X on Despicable Me UHD disc.
When I played Despicable Me the first time I immediately noticed this was not your ordinary soundtrack. It makes Atmos sound obsolete!

That's a crazy comment :eek:

Just pray that he doesn't get Auro-3D. That will then make DTS:X as useless as Atmos.;)
It was another way to say that I like DTS X much more than Atmos...Of course I need more reference material but so far DTS X makes my system sound exactly the way I always wanted

I said 'obsolete', not 'useless' ;)

Oh! you mean like VHS tapes ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom