Best for angle and bright room

Cazzel

Novice Member
Reaction score
Looking for a new 60 inch tv. Either oled or lcd. Always owned Sony’s , but happy to change. We have tv on angled bracket , I do fiddle with colour , contract. Do like my colour more natural and like it to process quickly for sports . We need to be able to see from Angle and straight On. The room is very bright during the day. Please and ideas. Was thinking of the lgc9 but seeing on here , might not be idea.

What tv do you have now?

Worth noting that there are no good 60” sets now. It’s either 55 or 65” now, really.

What’s your budget? Do you need to buy now?

Hi. Thank you for reply. We have Sony Bravia kdl 50w829b
65 prob too big and wanted a bigger tv.
Budget. Not the cheapest. Not the most expensive either. middle

Samsung Q80R or above if you want good HDR performance, together with good blacks. 55/65"

If you want better motion for sport you'll have to sacrifice excellent anti reflection performance for the sake of the best motion by looking at TVs like Sony's XF9005 or XG9505.

And if you don't need good HDR or want to spend less or go bigger you can look at mid range models like LG's SUHD TVs and Sony's XF85/XG85 series that all use IPS panels at 55/65".

Samsung Q80R or above if you want good HDR performance, together with good blacks. 55/65"

If you want better motion for sport you'll have to sacrifice excellent anti reflection performance for the sake of the best motion by looking at TVs like Sony's XF9005 or XG9505.

And if you don't need good HDR or want to spend less or go bigger you can look at mid range models like LG's SUHD TVs and Sony's XF85/XG85 series that all use IPS panels at 55/65".
Thank you for your help. Yes I really want a good hdr and good motion , do you are saying if I want those I have to sacrifice good reflection. I think I would sacrifice reflection for the best picture quality and very good contrast. Always something that has bugged me on many TVs. Thank you. I shall look at your recommendations.

Can you tell my why all the reviews seems to like the LG TVs ? I just want the best picture quality , contrast , good for watching tennis , films Netflix etc. And we sit all around it. I’m getting confused , with oled and lcd. ??

Thank you for your help. Yes I really want a good hdr and good motion , do you are saying if I want those I have to sacrifice good reflection. I think I would sacrifice reflection for the best picture quality and very good contrast. Always something that has bugged me on many TVs. Thank you. I shall look at your recommendations.

No. The Samsung TVs that have good reflection filters/coatings also have great PQ and good motion. Sony are believed by most to have the best motion but it’s subjective, to say the least.

Re LG - their oleds are great, LCDs less so unless you need wide viewing angles and can’t stretch to an oled set.

Ok thank you . So in your opinion should we go for an oled tv, to get the best picture and viewing angle ? I’m really new to all this , and I am finding it difficult to understand. Thanks for you patience.

Yes - as long as you can satisfy yourself that burn in is a minimal risk. See first post here - OLED Burn In Risk
Not too sure. Only thing I can think of that could be trouble is a do pause films , Netflix etc when watching. I’d that a problem. Is the Samsung tv you recommenced. Is that an oled or an lcd.
so you would advise oled for the quality ?

I don’t think that’s an issue unless you’re likely to leave it paused for hours on end.

Yes, oled is the way to go. Using internal apps (Netflix etc) the tv will default to a screensaver. Blu Ray players etc should have the option to play a screensaver after a set time.

Ok thank you. That helps.
many suggestions for a good oled 55/65?
thsnks so much.

LG B8 or B9. Former is thin on the ground now so you may have to do some serious searching to find one. If you can wait until closer to Black Friday then the latter will come down in price around then.

Thanks. I see you suggest the LG b serries. Why do you choose that over the c series. Can you tell me the difference ? I really have no idea ..
So am I right in what you have advised. LG or Samsung. Will give a great picture and good angle for viewing. But not the best for bright room. But picture quality is paramount. Oled it should be .. 55 or 65 not 60 ..

Yes - as long as you can satisfy yourself that burn in is a minimal risk. See first post here - OLED Burn In Risk
Can I ask what tv you have ? I’m really confused. I just want the best there is at the moment !! If I’m going to upgrade. No point getting something that’s not much better than what we have. Our Sony has a nice picture. Just not big enough. Thank you for your help.

Thanks. I see you suggest the LG b serries. Why do you choose that over the c series. Can you tell me the difference ? I really have no idea ..
Because its cheaper. The C series is only superior because of an updated picture processor which won't be used in most peoples cases.

So am I right in what you have advised. LG or Samsung. Will give a great picture and good angle for viewing. But not the best for bright room. But picture quality is paramount. Oled it should be .. 55 or 65 not 60 ..
Are you comparing the LG OLEDs to the Samsung QLED? Well viewing angle is still better on the OLED but not bad on the Samsung. If you want the biggest gain in picture quality for all sources look no further than OLED. If you are a big HDR user, its fine going with the Q80R.
Does it compare to Sony’s motion? If so I would be happy with that.
It compares, in most direct comparisons you are talking 4/5 compared to 5/5.

Can I ask what tv you have ? I’m really confused. I just want the best there is at the moment !! If I’m going to upgrade. No point getting something that’s not much better than what we have. Our Sony has a nice picture. Just not big enough. Thank you for your help.

I have a 49” Q7 from 2017. Unfortunately can’t go oled yet as my son watch a lot of tv. Definitely going to get one once he starts school in next year or two.

Does it compare to Sony’s motion? If so I would be happy with that.
Ok thank you. I shall look for the b or c then. If prices are not too dissimilar I will go with the c. When you say hdr users. Do you mean dvds etc. We don’t use them only streaming. I really appreciate all you help and knowledge. I just want the best picture ..!! Thank you so much.

Ok thank you. I shall look for the b or c then. If prices are not too dissimilar I will go with the c. When you say hdr users. Do you mean dvds etc. We don’t use them only streaming. I really appreciate all you help and knowledge. I just want the best picture ..!! Thank you so much.

Netflix, Prime, Apple TV - all have hdr content. Only 4K discs have hdr - DVDs/Blu rays do not. I’d highly recommend getting a 4K player - discs can be expensive on release but drop fairly quickly. Only get your favourite movies to save money

Oh I see. Still learning. Thank you. Will do as you have advised. Very grateful for all you help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom