Question Best FULL screen 4K discs!

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, picking up my first 65" TV tomorrow!

What's the best full screen 4K HDR movies/content to show off the sheer size of the panel?!

Apologies if been asked before and there's a thread somewhere.

Many of these threads scattered around.

Can’t go wrong with any of the Beeb Nature stuff. Full screen and looks amazing.

I wish they did more full screen movies. Having a 65inch lg c9 and only having half the screen osh annoys the drizzle out of me

I wish they did more full screen movies. Having a 65inch lg c9 and only having half the screen osh annoys the drizzle out of me
Exactly the TV I'm picking up tomorrow!

Transformers The last knight 4k has plenty of amazing IMAX footage, switching between aspect ratios, but looks sensational.

Pacific Rim is easily the best, Avengers Assemble is good, but another stunning picture and something a bit different is the Joker.

Some of the IMAX sequences in The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are stunning to look at.

Oh, Aquaman also. Not ALL of it is full screen but probably 90% is.
I not watched it all the way though as the 3D version awesome but had a quick look at the 4K and thought the full screen was just in the IMAX scenes??????

Yeh i though it was about half at tops.

Stunning to look at though (shame about the movie).

Any IMAX stuff will look amazeballs. Dark Knight as said above. Dunkirk looks fantastic too.

Thanks all, will have a nosey at these, just picked up Pacific Rim off ebay

I not watched it all the way though as the 3D version awesome but had a quick look at the 4K and thought the full screen was just in the IMAX scenes??????
It is, but 90% of it appears to have been shot in IMAX.

I'd say Pacific Rim for picture and sound.

Goes to show how good a 2K upscale can be.

Hi, picking up my first 65" TV tomorrow!

What's the best full screen 4K HDR movies/content to show off the sheer size of the panel?!

Apologies if been asked before and there's a thread somewhere.
Best PQ out there (excepting the two Ang Lee 60fps movies). Shot in digital native 4K (for the majority of run time although a bit of 2K upscale as well)

Planet Earth II
Blue Planet II
Earth: One Amazing Day
Seven Worlds One Planet

the helicopter scene towards the end of mission impossible:fallout
it even opens up into IMAX as he runs to the helicopter
personally i'm a 2:35:1 guy (as i have a scope screen) but that scene alone is worth it, shot on location and in the helicopter with IMAX cameras

Pacific Rim has only very little detail on highlights. The 3D trounces the 4K in terms of depth and dimension.

Besides documentaries, most of the movies with shifting aspect ratio have good PQ.

I've seen 2k Di, 4k discs, outshine native 4k discs on more than one occasion, its not just about resolution, a combination of WCG and HDR can make a 4k ( upscaled) disc shine

Last edited:
I've seen 2k Di 4k discs outshine native 4k discs on more than one occasion, its not just about resolution, a combination of WCG and HDR can make a 4k ( upscaled) disc shine
Yeah, there are some out there. Totally agree. But I was just throwing it out as a general idea so the original poster doesn't pick up some crappy 2K upscale (poor conversion) - as there are also more than one of those out there.

the helicopter scene towards the end of mission impossible:fallout
it even opens up into IMAX as he runs to the helicopter
personally i'm a 2:35:1 guy (as i have a scope screen) but that scene alone is worth it, shot on location and in the helicopter with IMAX cameras
Yep the film is 4K native ;) but is certainly nowhere near the best that 4K can offer for the most part - until we get to that IMAX scenes which are incredible!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom