Best Hi-Fi Products 2019 - Editor's Choice Awards - news discussion

Superb article, well written, sensible categories and excellent selection of winners.

I especially like NAM M10, Amazon Music HD and Focal Kanta. Ofcourse will need to start saving for such a system.

Reading this and a few reviews of cheaper end speakers I am wondering to myself can one become so used to ones speakers that one no longer is critical of them. I have had a pair of bookshelf Quad 11Ls
for longer than I care to remember. I have this thought wandering around in my mind. Say if I replaced the Quads with something like the Polks mentioned here would I be so impressed as to put the Quads out to grass? I know hifi is very subjective maybe speakers even more. Perhaps a demo at home might be called for. I tend to keep my hifi for ages and just never ever listen to anything more modern.

Excited about Amazon Music (U)HD. However I am having trouble finding a streaming device that will play it at full resolution, including Amazon's own Fire sitcks/cubes. Recommendation for hardware to integrate with my Arcam AVR850 (Bluesound Node2/2i, what else?). Node won't output Atmos Music as it's limited to digital output. Help!

As far as I'm aware the Atmos/3D music available on Amazon Music can only be played in that format through the Echo Studio.

Reading this and a few reviews of cheaper end speakers I am wondering to myself can one become so used to ones speakers that one no longer is critical of them. I have had a pair of bookshelf Quad 11Ls
for longer than I care to remember. I have this thought wandering around in my mind. Say if I replaced the Quads with something like the Polks mentioned here would I be so impressed as to put the Quads out to grass? I know hifi is very subjective maybe speakers even more. Perhaps a demo at home might be called for. I tend to keep my hifi for ages and just never ever listen to anything more modern.
hello,

It's only when you hear a better speaker at about the same price point you start being critical about your old speaker again

I have no idea what I paid for the Quads, would be interesting to do a comparison. Maybe I will buy a pair of the Polks and live with them for a while so as they are run in, which the Quads definitely are:D
The white ones are available at £192, or £159 if one is okay with an opened box pair, and the black at £199. Am tempted.

Last edited:
The cable with those AKG cans looks like it came from some dodgy old toaster ...

Love the MF M6 500i. Probably overkill for my Spendor A7's.... :laugh:
Doesn't stop me wanting it though....the power of that thing must be immense! 🤯

I use roon and love it! I know iFi audio brought out this video to help people with Roon! have a watch if you're struggling, it's very useful.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom