Best passive soundbar - multichannel

will2be

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi - i am considering purchasing a soundbar for my new home as it could be difficult to install rear speakers. I already have a Yamaha RX-A550 AV receiver so want to continue to use this. I have read some reviews on both the Deftech SSA-50, the Deftech SSA5 and also GoldenEar SuperCinema soundbars - which all seem to have good reviews. I would definitely pair with separate subwoofer - however as I mention, unlikely to be able to install rear satellite speakers.
As these products have been around for a while I'm wondering if there is anything else new on the market worth considering, also has anyone compared these to see which is best? Pretty much most usage would be for home theatre - however also music other times.
Thanks

Soundbar (active or passive) - first question is how will this be installed in your room and do you have four walls rather than an 'open plan' room?

Speakerbar - still relatively rare beasts, even though they have been around for a few years. I'd add Atlantic Technology to your list of contenders, see Atlantic Technology :: FS-7.1 - Soundbar

Joe

Will be more an open plan room , ie lounge/dining/kitchen in one space.
Thanks for the Atlantic suggestion - I'll add that to my list for review.
I'm hopefully able to listen to Goldenear and Deftech this weekend to compare.

Open Plan Room - I'd forget about any pretence that you will be able to deliver any form of Surround Sound from a Soundbar, it is tricky enough with an AVR plus multiple Speaker cabinets in an open plan room.

Room - what is the problem with getting the required wiring to where you would be positioning Surround (5.1) and or Rear (7.1) speakers?

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom