Best scene in TV history?

Person Of Interest - Season Three : The Devil's Share
Are you on about the final scene? If so I thought that was one of the best scenes I seen on TV all last year, I even recited the lines down the phone to a mate who never seen the series and told him to watch the series and he did and loves it.
I like Elias even though a villain he does have some honour.
Who ever wrote the lines of the below clip should have earned his pay for the year.

The entire episode; the beginning and end are pure gold for me, who would think you'd side with Elias huh?

The entire episode; the beginning and end are pure gold for me, who would think you'd side with Elias huh?
The way he says it as well, just sheer perfection.

Battlestar Galactica The Adama Manoeuvre, It was awesome watching this for the first time not knowing how they were going to get their fighter ships down onto the planet to help the uprising.

Spoilers and such included in this video.

I was looking for that clip, a while ago. I remember watching it for the first time, my jaw just dropped.

LOST - one of the many great scenes. In this scene John Locke in the afterlife remembers the island and what happened.

Everything works better when Brothers in Arms is played. There is the scene from The West Wing, the end of 'The Two Cathedrals' episode that uses it brilliantly too. If only I could find it on YouTube.
Edit:
Found it on vimeo

Best episode of the best tv show ever.

So many great moments and episodes from Frasier, i choose three from the many i could remember. The last one being probably one of the funniest i've seen that actually made my sides hurt.
I wish they would make a bluray release from the film stock they have.

Many many moments from The Sopranos

Paulie, one of my favourite characters of all time - psychotic and hilarious.

The intervention scene had me in stitches. Silvio, Paulie and Chris on top form.

No way, I just started reading this thread and found Christopher's intervention clip on YT and was gonna post it on here.

Sopranos will always be one of the best TV shows ever created. I've watched it three times through now.

'Pine Barron's' had me in stitches, great episode .

Just came across this searching for something else and though it be good to post in her at 13 minutes in Johnny Morris sitting with and on by a mother gorilla with baby.

maybe the Stringer and Avon last drink together?
maybe the Stringer assassination?
maybe the West Wing 2 Cathedrals scene?
maybe the end of the Sopranos?

for me .... the scene from Succession with the rap in the Dundee scene ... just absolutely incredible ... it came out of nowhere with Kendalls disastrous past ... we had the glimpse of Ken being happy ... and then it all went away again in the scenes that followed. The best characters ever in a TV show IMHO. The show is the characters. There is basically no action ... it's all about the characters. The actor Jeremy Strong should have pi$$ed any award going.

The Red Wedding of Game of Thrones has to be quite high on my list.

Wow! The best scene from TV history? Only scene from all of TV history. An impossible task and who is Stringer?
Stringer Bell from The Wire.

I agree with the red wedding or Battle of the bastards

I have a couple of British TV moments i love though. The final Dads Army war is declared over when the captain speaks to the camera and say "if Hilter wants to try again or anyone else Ill be ready, and they all start saying and ill be with you captain and me and me etc. It moved me as a kid watching.

Also another that not many others will like but in Sherlock Holmes Jeremy Brett hes always at odds with LeStrade I think its The 6 Napoleons all the way though LeStrade doubts Holmes and Holmes solves it.

Lestrade says "Were not jelous of you" quite sternly To Holmes, Holmes has a fierce face thinking he was gonna say something horrible "no Mr Holmes we are proud of you and if you came to the station tomorrow every single policeman would be proud to shake your hand" it was a lovely moment as Holmes wasnt used to complements or how to take them you could nearly see a tear in his eye.

I know thats not 1 just thought id mention a few.

I'm afraid this is the best scene in TV history.

The Magnum parrot.

The one take six minute tracking shot in S1 True Detective. Insane tension and masterfully done. Can’t recall anything like it being in a TV drama before, and as good as the likes of Children of Men’s ones. Can’t imagine there won’t be something like that in the next Bond.

Not sure whether I'd class it as the best scene as there are just so many but one scene that just completely shocked me and has stuck with me ever since is from Dexter season 4
The end scene of the last episode where Dexter discovers Rita dead in the bath tub was just jaw dropping and I just wasn't expecting it at all.

The shooting of JR.

Not far short of half a billion people tuned in to see whodunnit. No Netflix in those days. Is it really 40 years ago, where did they go?

Another Frasier.

Niles prepares for his Valentine. (3 Valentines)

Breaking Bad.

Walt can't find his cash. (Crawlspace)

Gives me goosebumps that one.

The scene from Miami Vice with 'Brothers in Arms' is from the best episode of Miami Vice - 'Where the buses don't run.' The end scene of that episode is superb - saw it when it was first shown over here and still remember it now.

GOT - there are so many the but Red Wedding or Mountain V the Viper just left me stunned.

Dr Who - the anniversary episode with Tom Baker as the curator is wonderful

The Miami Vice scene with 'In the Air Tonight' playing as they drive around is pretty special too

Not a scene but Ozymandias from breaking bad is the greatest one hour of television.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom