Best single power point gpu

nathancom

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade from a HD6850 to a 2GB card but want to stay on a single power connection to the card. What is the best upgrade I could look to get? I think I would prefer to move back to Nvidia as I prefer their cards and software.

What are people's thoughts on 2nd hand cards? I have always bought second hand before and it has been ok but wondering if this luck is likely to end...

Can you clarify what you mean by 'single power connection'? Are you talking about a card that only draws power from the PCI-Express slot (75W or less, likely to be a similar speed to your current card) or something that only has a single external power connector as well as the power drawn from the PCI-E slot (150W for 6-pin, 225W for 8-pin)?

Second hand cards depends entirely on the trustworthyness of the sellers you're getting them from, they're not going to be any different from new ones just because they've been in other people's computers.

I think your best bet is with either a nvidia GTX660 or AMD R9 270 (not x), 270 being a tiny bit faster.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom