Question Best sound set-up for V6

DaveR04

Novice Member
Reaction score
I currently have HDMI to TV, HDMI out TV to Sound Bar. I did experiment for a while with digital optical from V6 to sound bar for a while. In the end I got more annoyed by the sound still playing when the TV was off (although there are advantages to this as well) but would put up with that if I thought sound quality was better.
I'm currently looking around for new TV and probably sound bar (as I've had mine a while now) but is the opinion that soundbars are beneficial on a reasonable TV (I guess I was brought up on flat screen TVs don't have enough room for decent sound). If they are do people have the set-up I currently have?
I don't have a home cinema room so not looking to spend £000's but still would like something of better quality.

Is your soundbar and TV ARC enabled? Simply connect the V6 to the TV via HDMI. Connect the TV's ARC enabled HDMI input to the soundbar's ARC enabled output and enable ARC onboard both the TV and the TV and the soundbar. The TV will pass the audio source from the V6 through and out to the soundbar using ARC (Audio REturn Channel). The TV's own speakers are disabled while ARC is in use and ARC will be used as long as the TV detects that your soundbar is powered up and active.

Does your soundbar have an HDMI input as well as an HDMI output? Simply connect the V6 to this input and the soundbar will passthrough the associated video signal to the TV while it handles the audio.

Thanks for input. I'm just browsing possible purchases and probably update soundbar as I've had this quite a while now. So bearing in mind I'm looking mid-range TV making sure it and soundbar have ARC is recommended then?

I'd suggest you try have both the TV and the soundbar at least ARC enabled and preferably eARC enabled if possible. Try get a soundbar that also has a couple of HDMI inputs as opposed to just one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom