Question Best streaming setup for 4k LG C7

Galvaneal

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I own a LG 65 C7 and i absolute love watching 4k HDR/DV movies on it. Currently i have a WD external HDD connected directly to the LG through USB. Although the image quality and color is amazing i am getting some glitches. I am not sure what they are called but the edges around people or objects can become a bit blurry (not sharp) when moving. I have searched for best settings for LG and tried a few of these but without success.

Now there are a few things i want to solve going forward:
1. Switch to a NAS for central storage of my 4k movies
2. Get the best picture quality for streaming these movies from the NAS
3. Solve the current blur (when using HDD connected directly to TV)
4. Being able to navigate more easily between the movies

The questions i have are:
1. Would a dedicated media streamer improve the quality and solve the current glitch?
2. I have read many articles that OPPO UDP-203 is the best at the moment, also for streaming. Is this still the case?
3. If i don't play regular BD-disk often would the OPPO still outperform mediaplayers like Dune HD 4k pro?
4. How do you use Emby/plex from a NAS without letting it do the transcoding? I only want to use it for browsing and selecting movies
5. Any suggestions for a NAS for this purpose? I was thinking of Synology D218play since i dont need transcoding. But i might be missing something

Thank you in advance and my apologies for my noob questions :)

I have a C7 55" and use an Apple TV 4K with the Infuse app for playing my movies. I store the on hard drives attached to my Netgear Nighthawk router sharing the media folders. Playback is flawless on 100GB+ UHD images.

I have a C7 55" and use an Apple TV 4K with the Infuse app for playing my movies. I store the on hard drives attached to my Netgear Nighthawk router sharing the media folders. Playback is flawless on 100GB+ UHD images.

thanks for this. Do you notice any difference when using the Apple TV 4k in stead of using your LG C7 directly? Would it solve the issue i have?

I've never used my tv for streaming and have always used dedicated devices. I initially used a WDTV LiveHub, then the last version of ATV and now use the ATV 4K. I wouldn't think a tv processor would have the power to handle UHD images.

The ATV with Infuse gives a very clean interface of your movie collection. I do know the the Oppo devices have a very good reputation but I have never used one. If you set up media shares on your NAS, then you do not need Plex as Infuse reads the shares and plays the movies directly without the need for any kind of Server to catalog your films. No transcoding required.

I have a QNAP NAS at home, but I don't think I would recommend them. I use a Synology at work and it has been fine

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom