BFV Orange Icons

thedude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the roundish arrowed one is latency but a ping of 28ms and it still showing on BF5.

Suggestions

It started for me after the latest update, I had the Packet Loss and Server Performance often yesterday. My ping was 11ms.

syvzV.png

Personally I find I can only play on British servers and not the German hosted ones. On a British server I get a ping of 9 and on the German ones it's around 20-22. What the ping actually is I've no idea, as it's never that low on BF1 so I'm sure the pings shown on BfV are completely made up. My go-to gun is the gewer45 or selbslader 1916 and a British server the shots actually hit, German ones not so much.

When joining a server I never, ever use the quickmatch option, always going to the advanced server, sorting by ping and selecting one from there. Usually get a good, solid server that way, without the orange/yellow icons appearing

Personally I find I can only play on British servers and not the German hosted ones. On a British server I get a ping of 9 and on the German ones it's around 20-22. What the ping actually is I've no idea, as it's never that low on BF1 so I'm sure the pings shown on BfV are completely made up. My go-to gun is the gewer45 or selbslader 1916 and a British server the shots actually hit, German ones not so much.

When joining a server I never, ever use the quickmatch option, always going to the advanced server, sorting by ping and selecting one from there. Usually get a good, solid server that way, without the orange/yellow icons appearing
I tried the custom server thing last night and only had the orange ping icon a couple of times whilst selecting a spawn point. My ping was between 9 and 11 most of the time.

I reckon you could sit 1ft away from an EA server jacked in via the finest ethernet cable known to man and still see a multitude of those icons for 85% of the time!

I reckon you could sit 1ft away from an EA server jacked in via the finest ethernet cable known to man and still see a multitude of those icons for 85% of the time!

You mean to tell me that even if i have one of these: Signature Super ARAY streaming cable - The Chord Company that i wont get a 0ms ping. damn what a con that cable must be :D

(if anyone actually buys one of those cables they need their bloomin head checking and their credit card taken away from them)

What's you broadband provider? I used to suffer a fair bit with latency on BF1 servers with VM, because of the pants SH3 and the packet loss problems. Even though my average ping was 25, I would get a lot of lost packets, and so I'd experience a bit of rubber banding and scenarios where I'd shoot but nothing happened

What's you broadband provider? I used to suffer a fair bit with latency on BF1 servers with VM, because of the pants SH3 and the packet loss problems. Even though my average ping was 25, I would get a lot of lost packets, and so I'd experience a bit of rubber banding and scenarios where I'd shoot but nothing happened

Have you updated the firmware on your SH3, as they released one that's supposed to reduce the effects of the Puma chipset issue? I don't think it can ever be fully fixed with software though, as it's a flaw in the hardware.

Have you updated the firmware on your SH3, as they released one that's supposed to reduce the effects of the Puma chipset issue? I don't think it can ever be fully fixed with software though, as it's a flaw in the hardware.

I left Virgin back in June :)

I'm now with Hyperoptic

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom