Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 10/08/2020

BTEA.jpg

Attachments

• BTEA (inside).jpg
    BTEA (inside).jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 68
  • BTEA (open).jpg
    BTEA (open).jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
NOWAY! Only 30 minutes left!

To think - if there was a cross over of Bill & Ted and Back to the Future...and the rest is history!

Now that would be EXCELLENT! Where both parties jump into a parallel universe!

Ordered! With 10% off.

why isnt this showing for me? I have RC but i click the link and it takes me to a general page

also the product is not searchable on the site

Such a poor artwork imho.... what's up with that title?

It would have suited being on the back if needs must but at the front it just makes it look like the film title, bizarre decision making that's par for the course nowadays it seems! Luckily the 4K amaray is decent enough so that'll do.

I don't understand why they didn't just use the amaray art as it is mostly the same anyway! Sticking Wyld Stallyns on the cover is also an odd design choice as well as it gives the impression of that being the title of the movie.

Not sure what is going on with some steelbooks of late. Many seem to have such unappealing artwork compared with the amaray that you wonder how they ever got approved in the first place. Unsure if I will be picking this up or not... may just go for the cheaper amaray instead. It's 4K only as well, isn't it, rather than being 4K plus BD? I am fine with it being 4K only as I already have the BD steelbook that was released a few years back.

It's 4K only as well, isn't it, rather than being 4K plus BD? I am fine with it being 4K only as I already have the BD steelbook that was released a few years back.

What makes you think that? It's 2 disc, the blu-ray is included.

Germany release a dual version with the 2 movies (shared steelbook)

Because the amaray only shows 4K UHD on the slipcover rather than 4K UHD + BD: Amazon product ASIN B08CF57RPS

The listings state 2 discs (Zavvi even say includes blu-ray) and the artwork itself still has the blu-ray logo front and spine so it should still have the blu-ray. Could just be whoever is doing the mock not putting it on, the same was done on The Fifth Element, both Studiocanal, who usually include the Blu-ray. Time will tell as ever.

Got to say that I am a bit underwhelmed by this steelbook. The art is okay and the Wyld Stalyns logo makes it look as it they've misprinted the movie title but my major gripe is the colouring and finishing. It looks very dull and muted colourwise. Prefer the previous Blu-ray steelbook in all honesty.

Because the amaray only shows 4K UHD on the cover rather than 4K UHD + BD: Amazon product ASIN B08CF57RPS
The listings state 2 discs (Zavvi even say includes blu-ray) and the artwork itself still has the blu-ray logo front and spine so it should still have the blu-ray. Could just be whoever is doing the mock not putting it on, the same was done on The Fifth Element, both Studiocanal, who usually include the Blu-ray. Time will tell as ever.

Just to update on this, it did as expected include the blu-ray. The actual slip also had "+ Blu-ray" at the top as well despite being missing from the mock up.

4K Amaray also includes 43 page booklet

Why do they do this? It devalues the steelbook in my opinion if it is missing something from the standard version. Very annoying. (Or do they expect people to buy this twice...?)

Anyway, I got round to watching this goofy dumb (in a good way!) movie over the weekend and was very impressed with the quality of the transfer. The grain is heavy but there is still lots of detail and the transfer is very good overall and clean of blemishes and dirt. I only saw one black blob during the scene where they are repairing the antennae on the phone box and at first I thought it was a fly that had landed on my TV screen but it disappeared in the next scene. I mean it well have been. I'll check the same point on the BD version and see if it crops up there as well as I assume both discs use the same master?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom