Billions (Showtime) Season 5 / S6 (2022)

I think Billions has been on a steady decline since the first series. You can only go back-and-forth between one character having something over the other so many times before it becomes tedious. It‘s been high-gloss rubbish/guilty pleasure (like 80s soaps like Dynasty) since the start, but it’s getting really tired now. I’m sure it’s great fun for the actors though!

I thought Season 6 was the end? Bloody hell.

I'm not watching it now, but I will be interested to hear what those who are think of this season.

I enjoyed billions for the first couple of seasons accepting that it was entertaining nonsense providing a glimpse at the lifestyle of a billionaire. I think it was about half way through season 4 that I just stopped watching it. I struggled to get through the first few episodes, and never revisited the rest. As mentioned the rivalry between the two main characters got tired, and Maggie Sipp's character just felt shoehorned in after a while as I struggled to understand why she was still working in the same job.
Also there are just so many other quality shows to watch, and I felt Billions was treading water.

I'm not watching it now, but I will be interested to hear what those who are think of this season.
You’re not missing much. This jumped the shark long ago. The problem is that once you get over the huge amounts of money, finance is inherently dull, so it’s really just soap opera disguised as financial drama. Also, the dialogue is terrible - all the characters just talk in bombastic cliches.

I'm still enjoying it. It's obviously not for everyone (which TV programme is?) but I enjoy the cutthroat nature of the scheming, the fight between greed and good, the personal battles, even the conversations. Always use subtitles though otherwise I miss some stuff lol.

I still look forward to the next ep each week and that's the sign for me that I'm still invested (pardon the pun) 😉

You’re not missing much. This jumped the shark long ago. The problem is that once you get over the huge amounts of money, finance is inherently dull, so it’s really just soap opera disguised as financial drama. Also, the dialogue is terrible - all the characters just talk in bombastic cliches.

Yeah at times it works a treat the dialogue, with Koppelman and co. really nailing some conversational pieces.

Other times though it does go too far and fails to hit the mark.

Ep 5
Season 6

"Don't ruin her, Wendy!"

😁

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom