Quantcast

Black Friday and Cyber Monday UK 2019: Deals and Bargains

SimonHavfc

Anyone spotted a good price on the Panasonic UB820 uhd Blu Ray player?
Thanks.

gpt

HariSeldon

Yeah saw that

160 Sport

Standard Member
Think I saw 2-3 Panasonic UHD players on offer at Amazon over the weekend....might repeat the deal this week? They were 40-50% off....
Amazon have put the prices up since last Friday (apart from a budget model) probably ready to reduce them back to normal prices this Friday!

Toon Army

Don't forget to use the likes of Pricespy and Camelcamelcamel to compare/check prices.

Coulson

What exactly was the point of this article? Just curious.

Toon Army

Just signed up to Tidal's BF offer, namely their HiFi service for 120 days for £1.99 ( total price! ).

xxGBHxx

Very much this.

If you've been tracking the prices on a few things you've been after for a while or use the likes of camel then you very quickly realise Black Friday is mostly a marketing scam. You might be lucky to get a few quid off certain items here and there but overall unless you're very careful you'll likely end up paying more.

It's a shame really but not unexpected. As a consumer I regularly feel utterly fleeced as these huge companies squeeze every penny they can out of me. I get it, that's their job and they don't owe me anything. Once in a while though it'd be nice to get a genuine bargain that wasn't the result of a pricing error.

G

John3:16

Standard Member
There are bargains to be had, but you have to be savvy and know your products. You can’t take anything at face value. I recently grabbed a Sony UBP-X800M2, brand new, with a voucher for a free copy of Bohemian Rhapsody UHD, from Hughes Direct on eBay for £239.00! :)

danny daniell

If anyone happens upon a deal for Apple TV 4K box I would sure appreciate the heads up ... cheers guys

:smashin:

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member

jamesjoc

I phoned Sky about their Black Friday new customer promotion and got my full Q package and Netflix from them reduced to £64 from £99 + Netflix UHD sub for 18 months :thumbsup:

akk0091

there are many good bargains to be had. you just need to know what you're after.
XTZ for example are running good discounts on their products. I've been looking to buy a second XTZ 12.17 Edge only if prices dropped and they did! Just picked up one for Eur 615 (down from eur 745). IMHO it's a real bargain

shaggy71

Picked up some Bower & Wilkins PX headphones for £163 delivered from Amazon Spain black friday. £212 on Uk site.

gpt

there are many good bargains to be had. you just need to know what you're after.
XTZ for example are running good discounts on their products. I've been looking to buy a second XTZ 12.17 Edge only if prices dropped and they did! Just picked up one for Eur 615 (down from eur 745). IMHO it's a real bargain
Ive also purchased some xtz gear - and while it may be good - there is no doubt that the organisation and level of customer service is abysmal. If i had alternatives for what i wanted, i would have gone elsewhere

Trending threads

Latest News

Nokia 2.3 phone available in UK for £100
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky to launch Documentary and Nature channels
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
StormAudio to launch MK2 home cinema range at ISE 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips OLED burn-in solution is 95 percent effective