Black Ops III (Beta)

Is that the Driftor video ?

That was for PS4 and I can;t see where to check Server in the Menu.

If they do have Dedicated then I think they only have 1 or 2 in each location..... ;)
I'm not sure where you look to see what (if any) server you are connected to. I was messing about in the menus before a game started last night and saw it.

The way it was playing for me at times last night, I might have been connected to New South Wales, not good old uk Wales.

I'm not sure where you look to see what (if any) server you are connected to. I was messing about in the menus before a game started last night and saw it.

The way it was playing for me at times last night, I might have been connected to New South Wales, not good old uk Wales.

Ah I am sure that is just region as mine did say Swindon and I highly doubt COD has Dedicated Servers in Swindon because if they did my Ping should be a lot better than 100+

Just playing it feels off compared to the PS4 version. I guess the Xbox is suffering this time round with PS4 being the lead console and Xbox and PC are being screwed over this time.

I'm the opposite. I hate the 360 controller, much prefer the Xbox One controller.
I've just found the thread on the elite controller. That looks like it could be the perfect solution for me because of all the customisation.

I've just found the thread on the elite controller. That looks like it could be the perfect solution for me because of all the customisation.

Yeah it looks really nice but there is no way I'm ponying up to that much £ for it. Tempted with the gold trigger Master Chief one though...

Well that's me finished with the beta.

The best part of it was watching it download for 7 hours.

It was all down hill after that.

Well that's me finished with the beta.

The best part of it was watching it download for 7 hours.

It was all down hill after that.

Wow after a day and a half ;-)

I get some people may not like the game, but this is a BETA, its going to have problems. Blops 1 & 2 had weeks off problems when they got the FULL release but they become 2 of the best cod games made.

People need to give games longer than a day

I get some people may not like the game, but this is a BETA, its going to have problems. Blops 1 & 2 had weeks off problems when they got the FULL release but they become 2 of the best cod games made.

It's no fun losing every single 1v1, even when you shoot first. It's been the same for about the last 4 CoD releases for me.

It usually gets better after a patch or two but I'm not prepared to put up with the stress that the connection lottery brings.

Blops was good. Blops2 I'd disagree.

It's no fun losing every single 1v1, even when you shoot first. It's been the same for about the last 4 CoD releases for me.

Remember you start with rubbish guns and no attachments, so 1 on 1's with high ranked players your always gonna lose as they will deal more damage.

I had this this morning, and when i started the ps4 beta, but if you can push on through the low level high death counts, you rank up the guns add attachment and find yourself holding your own.

Blops was good. Blops2 I'd disagree.
The original BOPs was fantastic. But even then, it took a few patches before I could actually kill anything.

Bops2 was a big let down for me, mainly because of the poor maps (something the original game didn't suffer from)

There are far too many head glitching points in Bops3. To me they haven't learnt from previous mistakes.

The original BOPs was fantastic. But even then, it took a few patches before I could actually kill anything.

Bops2 was a big let down for me, mainly because of the poor maps (something the original game didn't suffer from)

There are far too many head glitching points in Bops3. To me they haven't learnt from previous mistakes.

The head glitching they will never fix, they listen to the pro players for things like that rather than the main community of the game. And all them want points like that in there.

When its released, i can see it being a good game when they have fixed the issues from the beta. Then maybe a few patches for a week or so.

The head glitching they will never fix, they listen to the pro players for things like that rather than the main community of the game. And all them want points like that in there.

When its released, i can see it being a good game when they have fixed the issues from the beta. Then maybe a few patches for a week or so.
Yeah, I think there is a decent game in there.

One thing that I have noticed is that I am constantly in lobbies with French and Spanish players. Surely there are enough brits playing to keep us together.

Yeah, I think there is a decent game in there.

One thing that I have noticed is that I am constantly in lobbies with French and Spanish players. Surely there are enough brits playing to keep us together.

Least there better than playing the yanks, more local better connection ;-)

I'm going to give it 1 more go but use my wireless connection instead if wired.

For some reason this has helped in previous cod games so I will see how it goes.

Gears tomorrow so tonight will be the only time I get to try this. I have low expectations based on the comments I've read across the web. I appreciate it's a beta but for me it's how the maps are. If I dont like the maps I'm more out then I was before lol. For me the last cod to have great maps was blops.

Just playing first proper bunch of games now & it feels amazing for me. The running seems abit slower than older cods but easy to get used to. Had the odd few jerking around due to lag but easy enough to kill.

Loving hardpoint though, first game won 229-17!

I'm actually quite suprised at how 'OK' it is, it's defo better than ghosts and AW. After viewing many videos I feared the worst due to the wall running and yet more boosting around the map BUT the boosting is no where near as bad as AW.

I must admit though at first I thought theys no way I'll be pre ordered this crap but like someone said, once you unlock a few perks and weapon upgrades it's much more fun and they one on ones you would normally lose you find yourself winning. Calibre for etc WOW what weapon perk that is.

I've found myself constantly switching for Gears to BO3 all day and I'm really enjoying both.

Will I pre order?? Probably!

I'm actually quite suprised at how 'OK' it is, it's defo better than ghosts and AW. After viewing many videos I feared the worst due to the wall running and yet more boosting around the map BUT the boosting is no where near as bad as AW.

I must admit though at first I thought theys no way I'll be pre ordered this crap but like someone said, once you unlock a few perks and weapon upgrades it's much more fun and they one on ones you would normally lose you find yourself winning. Calibre for etc WOW what weapon perk that is.

I've found myself constantly switching for Gears to BO3 all day and I'm really enjoying both.

Will I pre order?? Probably!

Just had a few games of tdm and it's a lot better than I expected. It's better than ghosts and AW. Yep not bad at all so far. But I normally think this about cod and then get sick of it a couple of weeks later lol.

Finished off with a few games of dom. As usual people playing it like tdm. Top of my team had 0 captures or defends but 55 kills. I came 2nd from bottom with 8 captures, 3 defends and 10 kills lol. Again I had a bit of fun. I've admittedly been pleasantly surprised by this.

I think it's pretty good. You need to unlock the better weapons to hold your own. The Razorback with a few attachments seems pretty lethal. The Boosting feels right and the wall running is great once you master it, although campers love to wait at the end of the wall! Actually came out on top for a couple of matches tonight which doesn't happen that much for me.

Just had a few hours blast.

First thing I noticed was the graphics, very disappointing. Just doesn't look very good at all considering its on a 'next gen' console.

Anyway gameplay. The special abilities are interesting, and definitely have a use in the game. Seen a lot of players using different ones, so it's good that everyone isn't just going for same one. Personally I have found some decent, and some very good.

The jumping in the game I think works well, it feels a little more basic compared to advanced warfare, I'm not sure if that's a step back or a good thing as I think gun play is more of an factor now. The maps at times can be a bit annoying for jumping though, some roofs and surfaces you think you'd be able to get onto you can't, which just feels a bit silly.

Players die very quickly. Its not often you get a chance to fire back if you get shot from the back or side. Guns seem decent balanced, used a few good guns mainly from lmgs and assault rifles. Shotgun could be popular too.

Kill streaks seem decent, the bomber (second streak by default) is maybe a bit OP as seen a lot of kills by them, although myself have only got a double with it. There's hasn't been loads and loads of steaks about, I think players die a lot and quickly so streaks can be tough.

Overall though it seems good I have to say, it doesn't feel massively different from other cods or anything, and it is similar to advanced warfare but I do think it is more focused on gunplay now. Which is a good thing.

An hours session turned into 3 hours. So that's always a good thing. I'll keep at it though for few days before pre ordering.

Looks like the Beta is now on the Store for everyone to try. Should be available under Games and Latest Demo's

Range on the shotgun is rediculous.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom