Black Ops III

Expired

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Treyarch posted the following on their facebook page. "December 7, 1941...a date which will live in infamy." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Rumours have pointed to World at War 2 before and this just adds more fuel to the fire maybe.

Rumours have pointed to World at War 2 before and this just adds more fuel to the fire maybe.

This would be a smart choice if true, personally i would be less interested, but for the series it makes a lot of sense. It would be a complete 180 from Advanced Warfare, is something people have been asking for and could allow the yearly versions to have some individuality.

YES.........

I hope it's true. Completely the right move. A ww2 themed game on a new engine and on this new generation of consoles.

Perfect ;)

Having not purchased the last 2 due to the developers I will certainly be in for this one!
Treyarch make the best COD'S imo.

Great news.

Pearl Harbor day...maybe thats the start of the game :)

I said after buying this years load of rubbish unless its back to WW2 im out of COD.

Problem is going back to WW2 is that its been done to death previously. Only way i could see it working is if they do a Wolfenstein ala alternative timeline.

Im suprised nobody has considered the Korean War yet.

It should be Nam but would be very happy in a WW2 game.
WaW was one of my favourite COD's.
I think the appeal to going back to that era is that they can focus on the mechanics and gun play and it just be basic weapons and streaks and relies on skill rather than anything else. Good weapons, maps and streaks and no nonsense perks and it will be great fun imo

It should be Nam but would be very happy in a WW2 game.
WaW was one of my favourite COD's.
I think the appeal to going back to that era is that they can focus on the mechanics and gun play and it just be basic weapons and streaks and relies on skill rather than anything else. Good weapons, maps and streaks and no nonsense perks and it will be great fun imo

Couldn't agree more.

Back to basics is the way to go. Simplify things and bin all the cheesy gimmicks (thrusters, I'm looking at you)

Couldn't agree more.

Back to basics is the way to go. Simplify things and bin all the cheesy gimmicks (thrusters, I'm looking at you)

Doing that though alot of people will accuse them of taking the series backward. Each year its becoming a bit more of a loose loose for whoever is doing it. Im guessing after this one it will be Ghosts 2 then Advance Warfare 2

Korea or as said Nam is the way to go. Not WW2 again.

It will be a brave move if they do as the "kids" won't be happy that they can't jump like AW. I hope they give us WAW2 is even be happy with a next gen version of WAW!

Personally would love ww2 game again, ive enjoyed all the recent cods just miss the grit of world war shooters.

Even an old Medal of Honor would go down well

I so need the next CoD to be WaW2. I'm currently playing AW and am less than impressed with the direction the franchise is going in!

Really wish they'd go back to their roots and give us some WW2 or 'nam action.

Oh well, as much as I love the Black Ops games, I really do wish it was WaW2 this time.

Will just have to hope that EA relaunches Medal of Honour again but set in the WW2 era next time.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s Setting, Features and Artwork Revealed by Website’s Source Code | DualShockers

image.jpg

Last edited:
I'll probably jump back into the series for this one. Really enjoyed both BLOPS 1 & 2.

Will jump back into this. As stated earlier I'm a big fan of Tryarch and the little snippets of information being released have got me fired up.

Loved BO and BO2,

League play :D
Zombies :D:D

Why do these companies have to copy and follow suit!!!

Arghhhh I was hoping stupid exo suits weren't in it

They don't need to add gimmickry suits for it to be a great game

Man alive, what are they doing! What with Titanfall, Destiny, CoD AW and now this I think I've had all the futuristic combat I can take!

All is not lost though as I've just discovered Wolfenstein so have ordered that and will replay WaW on my 360 to get my fix!

Have they confirmed that it's black ops yet?

Hopefully this is good and will tempt me back to COD, none of the other shooters this year appeal to me at all.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom