Oh hell yes, I'd ice skate up hill for this one.
Good luck with that ;)
But yeah I totally agree. I just hope they fix the fake blood in the final fight. That looked pretty bad even on the poor copies I used to watch. I really don't want to see that in HDR. I would double dip on this if there was a decent 3D as well.

Am i the only one who actually enjoyed them all?

I think that this will look great, but may have aged badly.
The effects at the end were never the best, and will look even worse in 4K.
I will wait for reviews.

I do aswell and the series until it was pulled!

Who cant be impressed with a rave in a slaughterhouse and blood coming from the sprinklers, put the willies up me from then on! Sadly i also feel the effects will have aged badly and could do with up to date CGI taking it's place.......

Last edited:
Good luck with that ;)
But yeah I totally agree. I just hope they fix the fake blood in the final fight. That looked pretty bad even on the poor copies I used to watch. I really don't want to see that in HDR. I would double dip on this if there was a decent 3D as well.

All the way with you on the 3D re-makes!

Am i the only one who actually enjoyed them all?

I think that this will look great, but may have aged badly.
The effects at the end were never the best, and will look even worse in 4K.
I will wait for reviews.

I agree, this was one of my very first region 1 dvd purchases and even on that the effects were quite poor, especially the blood god scenes which looked truly shocking. Fingers crossed they fix that before anything else. For me Blade 2 is a superior film from a directorial point of view but the first is still a quality piece of popcorn cinema.

Only watched this yesterday on blu ray with my son who's a massive marvel fan both really enjoyed it. I have been holding out for a 4k release for ages finally it might happen. I also really want sleepy hollow. Probably 2 of my most watched dvds other than the matrix

The opening scene to Blade 1 will be glorious if its with ATMOS. I also like Blade 2 its a guilty pleasure and of course it has Ron Perlman....... and Danny John-Jules ! :)

Blade 3 is like Alien 3. Too many cooks.... At least the Directors cut/Special Edition version saved Alien 3 a smidgeon and brought the movie back to resemble the book of the movie but Blade 3 wants putting out to pasture.

Same here was one of first dvds i had when got 5.1 although it was a yamaha all in one box set, to hear surround and the sub was so good.
There a loads of good scenes in it to!

The opening scene to Blade 1 will be glorious if its with ATMOS. I also like Blade 2 its a guilty pleasure and of course it has Ron Perlman....... and Danny John-Jules ! :)

Blade 3 is like Alien 3. Too many cooks.... At least the Directors cut/Special Edition version saved Alien 3 a smidgeon and brought the movie back to resemble the book of the movie but Blade 3 wants putting out to pasture.

And a young, pre Walking Dead, Norman Reedus. :)

Artwork:
(UK announcement(s) shouldn't be too far away)
Blade_4K UHD.jpg

Attachments

• Blade_4K_BestBuy_steel.jpg
    Blade_4K_BestBuy_steel.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 87
Would have preferred the old US DVD artwork (more inferior UHD artwork) but hey ho. A purchase at some stage for sure.

All over this like a strong moss

I actually love all 3 of the Blad movies, I know 3 has it's problems but it's still a fun romp.

Neil

The first one has always been a favourite of mine. Watched it in sky box office one Saturday night as a kid and I remember the dvd when it came out and how good the soundtrack was on full surround. This is a day 1 for me.

Saw the original at the cinema and loved it! Probably my most watched Snipes movie. Day one for me.

Really enjoyed the first two Blade films, but loathed 3 when I saw it (admittedly many years ago). I’m sure 2 will be brilliant in 4K but the Deacon Frost special effects stuff at the end will surely look worse than ever...

UK release now confirmed for 30th November 2020

OP updated with Amazon/HMV/WB Shop/Zavvi links and artwork.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom