Blade_4K.jpg

Attachments

• Blade_4K (back info).jpg
    Blade_4K (back info).jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
blade coming to 4k is a must for all, i will buy this when it comes out,

First DVD (I think) i ever purchased. Remember it looking amazing. Prob not so much now.:D

One of the few Snipes films that I quite like so i'm a defo maybe for this one.

What this really needs is the Studiocanal treatment, along with the sequel. I'm good without the third, but they can stick that in a trilogy pack.

Trouble with Warner is that they probably won't bother with DV or Atmos, and these movies would look great with DV and sound tremendous with Atmos.

Only really cared for this first outing. Second was disposable nonsense and less said about the third the better. I’m def in.

The first film was pretty good, the series went downhill fast though. I actually first owned Blade on LaserDisc, remember those?

The first film was pretty good, the series went downhill fast though. I actually first owned Blade on LaserDisc, remember those?

I had those before i went to DVD :D
This movie was one of the last few i bought on Laserdisc with a DTS soundtrack.

Am i the only one who actually enjoyed them all?

I think that this will look great, but may have aged badly.
The effects at the end were never the best, and will look even worse in 4K.
I will wait for reviews.

I remember using the opening credits of red text on black background on DVD to test how good my new Monster component cables were. (And compared to the VHS). Classic movie.

Might be sacrilege but I prefer Blade 2 to Blade 1.

I can see an argument being made for that. It's certainly the 'Aliens' in the saga, doubling down on the mayhem with the psycho-zombie super-vamps in the tunnels.

Blade 1 is all manner of cool though, and pretty endlessly quotable. The opening sequence is one of the all-time great intros to any character ever.

Fantastic news. The original New Line Platinum Series DVD of Blade was a great demo disc back in the day.

This movie should really benefit from a 4k release if done well.

First DVD (I think) i ever purchased.
Mine too! :clap: Love the way the menu screen *ahem* flows. :p Plus it was interesting to see the deleted scenes and alternate ending. :smashin:

Might be sacrilege but I prefer Blade 2 to Blade 1.
I thought the Reapers from 2 were genuinely freaky back in the day and made for suitably deadly foes. The head one, Nomak, made for a compelling antagonist and gave Blade a good run for his money when the two fought near the end.

Plus, Ron Perlman elevates anything he's in and he is great in Blade 2. :D

I can see an argument being made for that. It's certainly the 'Aliens' in the saga, doubling down on the mayhem with the psycho-zombie super-vamps in the tunnels.

Blade 1 is all manner of cool though, and pretty endlessly quotable. The opening sequence is one of the all-time great intros to any character ever.

The superb nightclub blood bath scene set to the fantastic New Order Confusion Pump Panel Remix - one of my favourite music cues in any film - one of the best opening sequences I know of - and even starring Traci Lords as well !

The superb nightclub blood bath scene set to the fantastic New Order Confusion Pump Panel Remix - one of my favourite music cues in any film - one of the best opening sequences I know of - and even starring Traci Lords as well !
You won't get any of that in more recent Marvel films! :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom