Bitcoin, true money for the digital age.

One thing they definitely should teach in schools is money management. And being alert to scams and fraudsters. They may do already to an extent, but more wouldn't hurt given how serious the problem is. Even more so now with crypto and the ever increasing sophistication from those responsible.

The problem with crypto is that you’ve got enthusiasts who’ve apparently done well out of it, who may or may not be con artists, encouraging others to get involved. I’ve seen videos by 20 something Swedish guy Carl Runefelt on YouTube who once claimed to be valued at $1bn. He makes videos showing off his super rich lifestyle - fancy apartment in Dubai, a special edition Bugatti and million pound watches. He also went shopping for private jets. He also mixes with other super rich. He tells his followers how he was a supermarket worker only a few years before but now he’s a multimillionaire and investor. Andrew Tate bragged about his crypto wealth as well.

I can see from the YouTube comments that all this impresses young wannabe investors who want a taste of that life. But is it fair as these young people aren’t likely to make anywhere near this sort of money? In fact their money is far more likely to end up in the hands of Runefelt and his mates.

Yeah it’s just a front to scam even more money out of younger people who will think they can get rich quick. Not surprised scumbags like Andrew Tate are promoting them either.
Invest in this worthless crypto currency and become a billionaire just like me. It’s so obviously a scam it’s embarrassing but people do and will fall for it unfortunately

The modern snake oil salesman. There will always be a mass of disaffected and disconnected people who are ripe for exploitation.

I have a nice Tulip to sell you.

Plenty of AV and Hi-Fi enthusiasts on this thread and other forums believe a £4k cable sounds or delivers better video than a £20 cable….

That’s more of con than Crypto ever will be

The problem with crypto is that you’ve got enthusiasts who’ve apparently done well out of it, who may or may not be con artists, encouraging others to get involved. I’ve seen videos by 20 something Swedish guy Carl Runefelt on YouTube who once claimed to be valued at $1bn. He makes videos showing off his super rich lifestyle - fancy apartment in Dubai, a special edition Bugatti and million pound watches. He also went shopping for private jets. He also mixes with other super rich. He tells his followers how he was a supermarket worker only a few years before but now he’s a multimillionaire and investor. Andrew Tate bragged about his crypto wealth as well.

I can see from the YouTube comments that all this impresses young wannabe investors who want a taste of that life. But is it fair as these young people aren’t likely to make anywhere near this sort of money? In fact their money is far more likely to end up in the hands of Runefelt and his mates.

Indeed. That last bit is very relevant. These grifters know how to exploit the vulnerable. And when it all comes tumbling down you can guarantee there'll be more losers than winners. And as is always the case, it won't be the wealthiest who suffer the biggest losses, it'll be those who can't afford to.

From the news earlier -

Pretty funny that his lawyers tried to get him a shorter sentence on the basis he was a 'non-violent first-time offender'!!! It wasn't like a he stole a chocolate bar from a garage in the spur of the moment - his 'first offence' was defrauding thousands of people out of billions of dollars in a calculated systematic operation for his own gain.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom