Bloodshot (13 March 2020) directed by Dave Wilson

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
John Wick directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski are on board to direct Bloodshot, an adaptation of the Valiant Entertainment comic title for Sony Pictures, start of a new superhero movieverse. Next up is Valiant title Harbinger, then both films will get sequels, finishing off with the fifth film Harbinger Wars.

To be written by Jeff Wadlow (Kick-Ass 2) and Eric Heisserer (2011’s The Thing) with Matthew Vaughn & Jason Kothari on board to executive produce.
Bloodshot follows the story of a left-for-dead soldier who returns from the grave via the workings of a super shady government operation. Embedded with nanotechnology, he is transformed into a relentless killing machine who can regenerate tissue when injured.
image.jpg
BS_004_CVR2.jpg

Last edited:
Jared Leto is currently in talks to star in BLOODSHOT as Angelo Mortalli, a ruthless killing machine whose memories have been erased and whose blood has been infused with nanites.

At the time it was expected that David Leitch and Chad Stahelski would direct the film, but they later dropped out and VFX Blur Studio's Dave Wilson was tapped to replace the JOHN WICK duo.

The plan is to release two Bloodshot solo films alternating with two Harbinger films, culminating in a fifth crossover movie called Harbinger Wars, adapting the comic book storyline that pits Bloodshot against a group of Psiots, the Valiant version of more naturally super-powered humans.

No release date for Bloodshot or the other films has been officially announced.

latest.jpg

Vin Diesel in talks to take lead role

Dave Wilson, who is “Deadpool” director Tim Miller’s partner at Blur Studios, is attached to direct.

Oscar-nominated screenwriter Eric Heisserer (“Arrival”) is writing the screenplay.

Vin getting ripped for Bloodshot

32161801_560223894377329_6235138958590738432_n.jpg

Can't believe this is the first I've heard of a Valiant film in production - and apparently there will be five of them featuring Bloodshot and the Harbinger characters?! No mention of X-O Manowar, Ninjak or Archer & Armstrong though.

Vin Diesel is a reasonably choice for Bloodshot considering he's not exactly a nuanced character, just needs to growl and kill people.

Big question though - will they try and give him Bloodshot's distinctive hairline?

Bloodshot due out February 21, 2020

I used to really like Vin when I saw him in Private Ryan and the first pitch black movie but after XXX I just thought this guy is never really gonna be above the B level star grade. Has some muscles and charisma but not a lot else.

Early action figure reveals Vin Diesel’s ‘Bloodshot’ look

EF9x7DeXoAEgFKg.jpg

Looks ok - big budget version of Upgrade.

Looks like it might be good fun...

Rated PG-13 for “Intense Sequences of Violence”

What's next?
The_HARD_Corps_Vol_1_1.jpg

I'm going to be bold and say that Valiant comics have always been a mixture of lowest common denominator trash and comic 'investment' scams.

They pioneered the 'scarcity = high value' myth and got comic shop owners to buy into it with incentive schemes and 'gold covers' and the promise that people were going to be clamouring for them because the value would just go up and up. They put their best writers on the first couple of issues to build interest and then moved them on leaving hacks and cheap talentless rookies to carry them on. By the time it was obvious that the continuing interest wasn't there and the value of them bottomed out, Valiant had already made their sales. So what if comic shops were massively out of pocket?

What the actual quality is like now I have no idea but it started life as a way for Jim Shooter to try out a model for screwing more money out of the industry.
It's the same model that has been resurrected with variant covers now and it's just a death knell for the independent retailer.
I miss my comic shop.
And now who's the owner of Valiant's IP? Oh, DMG! A totally not corrupt, creatively bankrupt, pure business, 'we can sell to china because we "know people" there WINK WINK' business.
GREAT! LET'S HOPE VIN DIESEL MAKES THEM A KABILLION DOLLARS!

Rant over, I guess.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom