Bloodshot 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

I think 5 is too much for the film, it was absolutely idiotic in places and I'm usually fine to suspend belief in this genre. The chase scene in "London" left me saying "WTAF" out loud at the screen. It is not even vaguely, remotely or slightly London in any conceivable way. It was utterly ridiculous and I just can't understand how/why they thought it was "OK" to do that in a major blockbuster. I mean it surely it wouldn't have cost ALL that much more to actually do the shoot in London surely?

Pretty disappointing over all with just too much to detract from being a good film.

G

The bit that concerned me most was the scene with the flour (no spoilers). I just thought it looked like a straight up health and safefy nightmare for explosion risk to cast and crew, i'd be interested to know what they did to mitigate the risk.

The bit that concerned me most was the scene with the flour (no spoilers). I just thought it looked like a straight up health and safefy nightmare for explosion risk to cast and crew, i'd be interested to know what they did to mitigate the risk.

Funnily enough I'd forgotten about that and yes I said the exact same thing at the time especially with all the explosions going on all around. I was actually wondering if it was all actually CGI/

G

Thanks for the Review Cas. One I will skip unless it comes to Amazon Prime for free.
Regarding Eiza Gonzalez, I thought she was really wooden in her few moments of screen time in Hobbs & Shaw. I can't remember forming an opinion of her acting in Baby Driver, which might be telling in itself.
But, good eye-candy none the less.

Good review Cas and I think 7 maybe slightly generous. I was really looking forwards to this and felt quite disappointed after seeing it, should have been an 18 to really carry the action properly.
Re F&F really got bored with them after 4 so no longer have an interest in the franchise as I have seen from trailers and the like that the action is not remotely believable on any level ( Cars crashing through buildings and travelling through space and time to other buildings?)
Big fan of the pitch black trilogy though, but guess if that's not as warmly received it will be canned, although Pich black was for many his launch vehicle.
Didn't realise he was such a modest guy? must keep up on the gossip more.

Good review Cas and I think 7 maybe slightly generous. I was really looking forwards to this and felt quite disappointed after seeing it, should have been an 18 to really carry the action properly.
Re F&F really got bored with them after 4 so no longer have an interest in the franchise as I have seen from trailers and the like that the action is not remotely believable on any level ( Cars crashing through buildings and travelling through space and time to other buildings?)
Big fan of the pitch black trilogy though, but guess if that's not as warmly received it will be canned, although Pich black was for many his launch vehicle.
Didn't realise he was such a modest guy? must keep up on the gossip more.

Thanks, I agree, which is why I went with the 5 in the end. :)

What confused me was one of the scenes was shot in a different country. South Africa if im not mistaken. Unless i missed it im not sure they had a reason to be there?

I actually enjoyed it, I agree with most of the comments it’s was ridiculous in some places.
Think we could have a potential new franchise in the making, but for me Vin Diesel was at his best as Riddick.

Thanks for the review. I'll skip it if it's all the same. £24.99 eh?
I can get all the horse manure I need, from just up the road, and for a lot less. Moving on...

That's a great opening paragraph :D

What confused me was one of the scenes was shot in a different country. South Africa if im not mistaken. Unless i missed it im not sure they had a reason to be there?
Is that the chase that's supposed to take place in London, but clearly isn't London as there's no attempt to hide the fact it isn't?

How many times does he destroy that obviously load-bearing concrete pillar? Do they have to fix it literally every day?? That seems like a nuisance! Maybe that's the job of Blade or Laser or Blaser because, seriously, what else are those guys doing except introducing themselves every day and then watching him do all the missions single-handedly?

Fa-fa fa-faa fa-fa fa-fa-faa-faa.

I enjoyed this turd of a movie far more than i should. Loved the Wigans character. It was better than every fast movie after 5 as well as hobnob and shaw :)

That's a great opening paragraph :D
The world's first self-proclaimed multicultural megastar tanks another leading vehicle, cementing the notion that only his ensemble Fast and Furious films work.

Is this the beginning of the end? Is V.D. truly a one-trick Pony? (Or a 1½ trick pony if you include Riddick).
Could this turn into "Dieselgate 2"? (The sequel to the much talked-about "Dieselgate 1", brought to us lovingly by The Car Industry!) :D

Is this the beginning of the end? Is V.D. truly a one-trick Pony? (Or a 1½ trick pony if you include Riddick).
Could this turn into "Dieselgate 2"? (The sequel to the much talked-about "Dieselgate 1", brought to us lovingly by The Car Industry!) :D
Pitch Black, fast 1, fast 5, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Giant. couple of stellar voice rolls :)

Pitch Black, fast 1, fast 5, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Giant. couple of stellar voice rolls :)

Was about to start this with "I love VD" then thought better of it....

Anwyay.

I do really like Vin Diesel as an actor but he should probably look to chose his films a little better. You can't polish a turd as they say so not much you can do to improve things if you're taking on jobs where the script writers and cinematographers forgot the absolute basics.

G

Was about to start this with "I love VD" then thought better of it....

Anwyay.

I do really like Vin Diesel as an actor but he should probably look to chose his films a little better. You can't polish a turd as they say so not much you can do to improve things if you're taking on jobs where the script writers and cinematographers forgot the absolute basics.

G

All joking apart, (And I was in part joking! :)), Pitch Black was great, but I don't think the follow-ups to Pitch Black were anything like as good - I wrote "Riddick" in error, my bad!
The F&F franchise is, well, what it is!
Yep, when he is doing voice overs (And someone else is fully in charge), I really like his work. But for a while now, it seems soon as it is him as the Lead Actor, & he actually Onscreen himself, not so impressive.

mindless, stupid, idiotic fun.

All joking apart, (And I was in part joking! :)), Pitch Black was great, but I don't think the follow-ups to Pitch Black were anything like as good - I wrote "Riddick" in error, my bad!
The F&F franchise is, well, what it is!
Yep, when he is doing voice overs (And someone else is fully in charge), I really like his work. But for a while now, it seems soon as it is him as the Lead Actor, & he actually Onscreen himself, not so impressive.

See I loved both the follow ups, dodgy CGI aside. The scene in Riddick with the box is one of my all time favourite film scenes for sheer "hahaha omg" value. It's not high art but watching Riddick kick everyones' butt is never boring to me.

:)

G

See I loved both the follow ups, dodgy CGI aside. The scene in Riddick with the box is one of my all time favourite film scenes for sheer "hahaha omg" value. It's not high art but watching Riddick kick everyones' butt is never boring to me.

:)

G
Maybe I just couldn't get past the CGI in the two follow-ups. 🤷‍♂️
It wasn't that I didn't like them, but I thought Pitch Black really nailed it. And I wanted to like them, just like I wanted to like the Alien 3 & 4 after loving Alien & Aliens (Don't get me wrong - IMO Alien 3 & 4 are not good Movies, whereas the Pitch Black follow ups are definitely watchable)

Is that the chase that's supposed to take place in London, but clearly isn't London as there's no attempt to hide the fact it isn't?
I think so yes, many chase scenes but its clearly in Capetown. During an interview the actors even said they enjoyed their time in capetown lol.

Hopefully this will drop in price quite quickly, I think it would be worth picking up for the audio and video quality, but not at RRP.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom