Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Kickstarter)

Batman2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd post this just in case it hasn't already been posted somewhere else.

A Kickstarter started yesterday to raise $500,000 to make a Castlevania type of game for the PS4, XboxOne and PC Steam, as of today a day later it has raised $1,433,086 with 18,616 backers and there is still 31 days to go.

Read about it here:-

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night by Koji Igarashi — Kickstarter

Money raised has gone over the $2m barrier and still 28 days to go.

Well the Kickstarter ended a few hours ago and it smashed all records on Kickstarter.
Bloodstained Ritual Of The Night has become the highest backed game ever. With an original target of $500,000 the game has ended up with over $5.5M :eek: they still need to add the PayPal donations which was over $200,000.
With all the extra money raised many extra goals were added and reached over the 31 days. Not only is it coming out on PS4, XboxOne, PC, Mac, Linux, but also now it will be on WiiU & PSVita as well as a prequel game, to name just a few things.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Kickstarter closes with $5.5M in crowdfunding | Polygon

It's been sometime but the game is out on Friday anyone else getting this ?

Here is the launch trailer

It's been sometime but the game is out on Friday anyone else getting this ?
I’m tempted but there’s been an issue with a patch that makes progress impossible on the same save file ( it messes up item chests with essential items)
I’ll wait for some reviews. I’ve seen some videos and it looked good. Not sure if it’s £35 good though yet...

Got this today and loving it, if your Castlevania fan then this is for you it scratches that itch and more with Great visuals and soundtrack, if these types of games are not your thing this won't change your mind this really is Castlevania in all but name kind of a middle finger to Konami who won't make another in the series.

I will admit there is a little issue with text missing during dialog scenes or not scrolling to the next sentence not a issue to much as it's fully voiced but if you have hearing issues then it may be , only happend once so far.

Plenty of weapons to find, Spells to be had and the Metroid style gameplay of going back to previous places to access once you have abilites to get there. Day one patch of around 3 gigs haven't come across the chest issue but i'm very early in.

So far so good will post more once i have more time with it.

I've been playing this on the PS4. It is indeed a re-hash of Symphony of the Night with fairly middling 3D visuals. It plays fine and very much as you would expect it to.

Avoid the Switch version at all costs though. It's an utter disaster. 720p (lower in handheld) and a frame rate which fluctuates between 20-30fps. Lots of visual cutbacks too. THe devs have apologised for it, but they refused refunds to Kickstarter backers who opted for the Switch version.

Nice review @Luke Albiges.

Don't remember playing previous Castlevania/Metroidvania games so was unsure if this was worth picking up despite the hype and impressive KS campaign. Watched a few let's plays of the early stages of the game by Lobos Jr and EpicNameBro and it grew on me.

Glad I got it as it's actually a lot of fun and quite addictive. I'm playing through on Hard first time around and I've died a lot in the first three hours of the game! Reminds me of my first time with Dark Souls. Some of the mechanics are overwhelming, like cooking, so I've been avoiding those systems and stat bonuses. Bosses are tough too.

As mentioned in the review the dialogue is pure ham and delivered in such a jarring way. The soundtrack gets stuck in your head after a while. Love finding the secret areas and it's pretty to look at sometimes, even if it can get a little repetitive in certain areas.

It's pretty weird at times too and has surprised me on a few occasions.

Are there things that enable HP regen over time? Think that would be useful on hard mode. Potions are expensive and if I'm sloppy I can lose big chunks of health per room!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom