Bluesound Powernode 2i

I’ve owned many NAD products over the years and never had an issue to speak of. I hate silly blanket statements like that!

Bluesound and NAD are the same company. They share ALL of their technologies. The amp section in the Bluesound Powernode 2i was designed by NAD.
I’m glad your happy with NAD. It’s all that matters in the end! We have all different taste.

I’m glad your happy with NAD. It’s all that matters in the end! We have all different taste.
You missed the point entirely, which wasn’t at all about whether or not I like NAD.

My point is really quite simple...take any of YOUR preferred brands and I guarantee you that I can find lots of people that have had issues with those same brands. I myself have had quality issues with gear that other people swear by. It happens.

I read somewhere that 6% of all electronics are DOA or have major issues right out of the box.

You missed the point entirely, which wasn’t at all about whether or not I like NAD.

My point is really quite simple...take any of YOUR preferred brands and I guarantee you that I can find lots of people that have had issues with those same brands. I myself have had quality issues with gear that other people swear by. It happens.

I read somewhere that 6% of all electronics are DOA or have major issues right out of the box.
[/

Sorry double post for some reason... Yes, many brands have problems. That’s pretty normal. But for me NAD is not so stabile vs other brands. Just my personal experience. Whether you like NAD or not is fine by me...

John,
I am the original poster of the BlueSound PowerNode 2i headphone jack issue on the BlueSound support forum. I just wanted to let you know the latest from the company.
When I plug my headphone into the jack, I can still hear music coming quietly from my speakers. Not a major hassle, just an annoyance. The company was able to replicate the problem in their testing lab and determined it would require a firmware update. Things are on pause right now because the Canada-based labs have not been able to conduct testing on firmware updates due to COVID-19 restrictions. I expect once things return to normal they will get right on it.

I put a post up the other day to ask for ideas re a good stereo amp to drive my Monitor Audio Silver 200s. Ideally it’d have Airplay and/or Bluetooth to enable streaming as I use my iPhone to play Apple Music and have been trialing premium Tidal. I’d been considering many amps and then thought I’d narrowed it down to the Audiolab 6000A. I then started looking at the Bluesound Node 2i as I didn’t know much about this kit. Then I became aware of the Powernode 2i. Took delivery today. I’m astounded by how good this is. It’s so small and yet really dishes out the sound. Just thought I’d post this in case anyone else had been considering getting one. I’ve no affinity with Bluesound but this has literally blown me away.

What amp are you running with it? Have you bought the Node2i with the built in amp?

What amp are you running with it? Have you bought the Node2i with the built in amp?

I'm not the person you're quoting but he bought the Powernode 2i, not the Node 2i. That has a 60w/ch power amplifier built in, along with everything the Node 2i has.

I'm not the person you're quoting but he bought the Powernode 2i, not the Node 2i. That has a 60w/ch power amplifier built in, along with everything the Node 2i has.

Ar I see. Thats what i expected. Thanks.

Still interested in this me, I just don't know how it can make that much difference, i just use an avr with Spotify connect at the minute. Think ill try and get a trial

I originally purchased a Node 2i and had it hooked up to a Cambridge Audio Topaz sr2. I decided to upgrade to the PowerNode 2; I think the amps are comparable (maybe the Topaz is a bit brighter), but the PowerNode 2i smaller footprint keeps the spouse happy

Follow-up for those who have speaker sound when headphones are plugged in: Just received an email from Tony, the Product Support Manager at Bluesound.

Tony W. - Product Support Manager
  • 1 hour ago

Just an update for all on this. We have replicated the issue and are looking to get an update out as quickly as possible for this.

Thanks for understanding...

I think it might be a good idea, if you have this problem, to go to the BlueSound Forum “SOUND COMING THROUGH WIRED HEADPHONES AND SPEAKERS” and post a message. I don’t know if the firmware upgrade will be general or targeted, but if targeted Your posting will identify yourself as needing the fix.

What are peoples thoughts on this amp if not making use of the BlueOS and tidal features? I'm considering it purely as a stereo amp with AirPlay2 and HDMI Arc, however there are some cheaper alternative 'regular' stereo amps that also do that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom