Bluetooth Headphones / No sound / Fortnite

cunnas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a set of Senn Momentum 3s that I use on the PC, they work absolutely fine within Windows but are bringing some problems in games - but nothing is consistent. In BF4, there is no sound at all coming from the BT headphones, in BF5 they work fine in the menu, as in I can hear the music playing but as soon as I enter a game, the sound disappears.

My son and daughter play Fortnite but things happen a little differently for them - the game launches and sound comes from the headphones no problem but as soon as she joins a party, all sound cuts out. If I disable voice chat in the settings, the sound returns. In Fortnite you can select the preferred audio/mic options but even when I choose the BT headphones, nothing happens - so the Fortnite issue seems to be with the mic/voice side of things. When she joins the party, the sound goes dead but her friends can hear her speaking through the mic, but we can not hear the game, or other people speaking.

Tried a different set of BT headphones and the same thing happens in all games.

If I plug the BT headphones in to the audio out port on the computer I get no problems at all.

It is driving me mental! Any help?

I have tried disabling ALL sound output options other than the BT headphones in Windows and get the same problem.

Which bluetooth adaptor are you using?

Which bluetooth adaptor are you using?

Not quite sure how I can tell? My mobo has BT and my wifi PCI card also has BT, no idea which one the headphones are connecting to but as I said, in Windows they work fine?

Try disabling one of the bluetooth adaptors if you have 2

I've googled it and I think its because Windows creates 2 versions of the headphones, the stereo one for listening and the headset for voice/mic. I think the issue is the sound is cutting out as the game is switching to the headset version cos of the mic/party element of the game. I'll try disabling the headset version and see if that sorts things but I guess that means I can't chat in game. Seems to be the common issue when googling

I've googled it and I think its because Windows creates 2 versions of the headphones, the stereo one for listening and the headset for voice/mic. I think the issue is the sound is cutting out as the game is switching to the headset version cos of the mic/party element of the game. I'll try disabling the headset version and see if that sorts things but I guess that means I can't chat in game. Seems to be the common issue when googling
Disabling one of the bluetooth devices may do the same thing but allow you to keep chat. Ensure it is set as default communication device

Which one should I disable?

Untitled.png

Which one should I disable?

View attachment 1332138
That's a lot of drivers. I would possibly delete all the drivers first and reload any that come in. I would probably leave only the Intel one as that is likely to be the motherboard bluetooth driver

Try this:

Settings / System / Sound / Sound Control Panel / Communications / Set to "Do nothing"

I had this issue with my Bluetooth Master & Dynamics. I just right clicked the sound icon, selected sound settings and disabled the headset option, keeping the stereo earphones. I don't know about the mic as I'm loner, I've only returned to PC but all my friends got PS5s! I play with my teen but he's in the next room.

I first thought it was a Flight Simulator 2020 issue, then I encountered it with something else. Only effects certain games, I always had audio with Cyberpunk.

If the above didn't work I'm afraid nothing much can be done.
You can find a detailed explanation of the issue here:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom