BMW 1 series angel eye replacement

Simian Sibling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my Angel eye light bulbs has gone. Its time for its MOT and I need to get it sorted.
I know I can buy a replacement bulb for circa £4 but I fancy changing them to the nice bright white ones.

There seems to be far more than is healthy on eBay and TBH it’s a mine field with 3W, 5W and what looks like different types.

Does anyone have any experience buying these from either eBay or another source? I am not looking to spend £100’s but I guess if there is a reliable source £30-50 would be fine.

I would ask over on a BMW forum but when I search all I get its lots of threads asking about them with replies there are loads of threads and they should search. To be fair there are loads of threads but they are about people asking and being told to search!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks

Ben

A mate bought some of these and they looked pretty good, I've had mine for so long i cant remember where i bought them from or which wattage they are, I suspect mine might be 3 watts but even so they're nice and bright, and we couldn't see really discernable difference between mine and these 5 watt ones.

From a UK seller so easy to return if you're not happy with them.

Ebay item number 220775935291

Thanks for the reply.

I will have a look at them when I get home (work block ebay). Might get some 3W if they turn out cheaper. I would defiantly by from a UK seller as your right about sending them back if needs be.

I installed LEDs in my X5 for about £25 off eBay IIRC.

They produce a nice bright, white light compared to standard, but I had to program out the cold check to stop the bulbs flickering.

If your looking for a cheaper option I replaced the AE bulbs on the wife's 1 series with H8 35w ones of these:

MTEC 12v 55w COSMOS BLUE HID CLASS UPGRADE BULBS - HIDS DIRECT LTD Store

Much whiter and look loads better than the standard AE bulbs but the outer Angle Eye is not quite as bright as the inner one but I think thats because of the design of the lights (Not sure if the more expensive ones linked above suffer the same issue?).

I also replaced the inner headlight bulb that only comes on when cornering with the H3 ones as her car has the adaptive Xenons.... all in all it looks loads better than standard :)

Ali

Thanks for the reply.

I think they would be for face lift models (07+) I have a 54 plate.

I got a set from eBay in the end (260927639293) £25.50. Let you know what they are like (they all seem to be relatively the same) as someone might find it helpful?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom