Bond 25: No Time To Die (30 Sept 2021) Cary Joi Fukunaga "no un tagged spoilers allowed"

Who should be the next 007?

• David Oyelowo

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Micheal Fassbender

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Damian Lewis

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Henry Cavill

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Idris Elba

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • Nicholas Hoult

• Aidan Turner

• Tom Hiddleston

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Tom Hardy

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • James Norton

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Daniel Craig… again

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Harry Styles

• Cillian Murphy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luke Evans

• Jamie Bell

• Orlando Bloom

• Other ?

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Dan Stevens

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Jamie Dornan

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Richard Madden

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Henry Golding

• 1 Terrible

Votes: 6 2.9%

Votes: 3 1.4%

• 10 Masterpiece

• Total voters
On a side note - I can guarantee almost certainly the next bond will go to "Henry Cavill."
Please no. Wooden actor, just eye candy over talent casting. Also wooden as himself on the chat show circuit, boring as fudge. They didn't fudge up in 2005. Please do the same again.

- Billie performing NTTD on the BRIT Awards tonight (ITV 8pm)

Apparently Billy Eilish is saying Daniel Craig had a lot of input and had to approve the song. That probably explains a lot :laugh:

Anyone else think Craig seems to wield too much power? Much as I love him as Bond, can't help letting him have so much say has been detrimental.

I wonder once this one is done, if he'll be completely out or if they'll want to keep him around in some sort of producer capacity?
Not for much longer.

Yes very Miserable .... Hope Bond is not going to be all doom and gloom and depressed in the film ...

Think you're going to be dissapointed.

Please no. Wooden actor, just eye candy over talent casting. Also wooden as himself on the chat show circuit, boring as fudge. They didn't fudge up in 2005. Please do the same again.

Yeah he was like a chippendale wardrobe on the Graham Norton show a few weeks ago.

I'm afraid as much as I like dislike it too, Cavill is a ready made Bond, now an A-lister which helps, and with more time on his hands now Superman is done with.

I can see it happening more now than ever before.

Plus be can channel his Napolean Solo from The Man from Uncle at the audition.

Nothing against Henry Cavill but can't see him getting it TBH. My thoughts on it are that he didn't get it 15 years ago why would he get it now, he's played Superman which i see as a negative to play Bond now and the spy roles he's done haven't reflect a Bond to me. Personally don't think it's the route that will be taken but we will see.

Just seen the Billy Eilish Brits performance, still don’t like it, could barely understand a word she was singing.

Just seen the Billy Eilish Brits performance, still don’t like it, could barely understand a word she was singing.

I actually don't want to hear the song again now till the film is out. As after a few more listens I'm beginning to dislike it as much as Sam Smith's effort.

For me it's not a great start :rolleyes:

No, I have no intention of listening to it again now until I see it over the credits.

It's not on the same level of shit as Sam Smith, fortunately :rotfl:

I'll happily listen to any other Bond theme, some are great, others decent. Writing's on the Wall is the only one I'll actually skip if it comes on.

Nothing against Henry Cavill but can't see him getting it TBH. My thoughts on it are that he didn't get it 15 years ago why would he get it now, he's played Superman which i see as a negative to play Bond now and the spy roles he's done haven't reflect a Bond to me. Personally don't think it's the route that will be taken but we will see.
Thought he played Superman like in the comics which I did not mind one bit, but I know most people prefer Christopher Reeves and hate his Superman.
I did not think he was anywhere near as good as Robert Vaughn as Napoleon Solo which Robert had a easy cheeky charm.

"The director, Cary Fukunaga, brought de Armas onto the film as soon as he was hired to helm the project, and created a role specifically for her.

If you’ve seen Knives Out (for which de Armas received a Golden Globe nomination), you totally understand why a director would go out of their way to make sure she was in their project. "

Um... why? The article doesn't tell us o_O

Apart from her being stunningly gorgeous, obviously, but I don't think that's what they are on about.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
This can't be a spoiler but I just wonder whether Craig's Bond with either be killed off or missing (and can't return for some reason) by the end of the film. Would be a grittier way to the end this cycle of films and would reward viewers if the near 3 hour run time is correct.

There definitely has to be some closure element beyond the normal in No Time to Die.

Leading to the normal "hard" reboot.

Whatever it is can't be worse than Spectre's cringeworthy "I was behind all the other villains all this time" stupid b*llocks.

This Bond has bad luck with French women it seems, as well.

Have to laugh at the trailer and Madelaine Snow bit.
"Everyone has their secrets, we just haven't got to yours yet."

Well, James, you met her at a secret lab/snow base and she is the daughter of one of the key men in the most secretive, secret squirrel organisations ever known. No Sh*nola Sherlock!

And she was way too young for you anyway.

Whatever it is can't be worse than Spectre's cringeworthy "I was behind all the other villains all this time" stupid b*llocks.

I didn't have a problem with Spectre being an organisation that had lurked in the shadows during Craig's tenure as Bond.

It was just the ham-fisted approach used to pin it down, and the spectacular mess they made of James Bond's most iconic villain.

Amongst many other things of course!

It'll take me many years to forgive them :laugh:

This can't be a spoiler but I just wonder whether Craig's Bond with either be killed off or missing (and can't return for some reason) by the end of the film.

Like the end of YOLT which is why i referenced it earlier.:)

Last edited:
Apparently she is very popular at my kid's school. I noticed one of her songs has over a billion plays on Spotify :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom