Bookshelf speaker advice

jackovhearts

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just picked up a cheap denon pma 520ae amp for my denon turntable and I need some smart bookshelf speakers for it which offer good sound under £100. Any ideas?

There are plenty to choose from.

Either of these two are pretty good for your budget.

They come in a couple of different finishes.

But if your room is on the larger size and you can whack out the budget, then these award winning Missions would very fine indeed.

Look in the classifieds as you may get more bang for your buck.. 45 watts into 8 ohms so it will drive most standmounts within reason except for the hardest low sensitivity speakers. Otherwise the Wharfedale 220 should partner well. Stretch your budget a bit more for Q Acoustic 3020 which will be easier on the amp.

Which ever speakers floats your boat it's essential that you audition them first as these are just recommendations. Buying for the classifieds is different and its caveat emptor.

Thanks for the points, one more thing, is there a universal stand for these kind of speakers and if so how are they held in place as I have young kids

So many speakers stands available and again it comes down to budget. A lot of people swear by good old Blu Tac to hold the speakers on the stands as well as giving isolation. If you have kids then I would suggest that you get stands that can be filled with sand as they can make them heavy and more stable. You can pay as much for stands as you do for speakers. Look at Richer Sounds again and if you buy both speakers and stands from them ask for a deal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom