Boost your Switch GFX power!

JAy3001

Established Member
Reaction score
So there is a new accessory out called the mClassic which promises to boost the graphics on your Switch. ( in fact it works on most consoles ) and can even upscale to 4k, although I'm not sure how well that will work!

And surprisingly it seems to work! From the review below you find out that it works best with games that are working at their native resolution, rather than games like The Witcher. (Although it still works with these games) So we are talking Mario Kart etc and hopefully BOTW!

Check out the review video below:

It comes in a dongle format that needs to use the HDMI port and also requires a power line to function, so how pretty this setup is going to look is anyones guess and comes in at $99.

I would like to test this device out to see for myself and if I had multiple consoles it might well be worth a punt at that price. However with the Switch Pro ( ahem..) possibly coming out this year it's probably not worth it; for me at least.

mClassic Homepage
new-mclassic-phone.png

From what I saw on the video it looks pretty neat. I don’t know what else to say though since im a Switch Lite person.

You do realise that this is essentially just an external post processor of the image? It won't give faster frame rates or anything that a real graphics card upgrade will do. If you go to their site you can see they do a version for every current console and also ones for dvd and bluray players. Your defeated moblin will still stutter his way to the ground as before albeit with possibly nicer anti-aliasing.

Yes I do and as stated it is available for most other consoles. It just a cool bit of tech that actually seems to work, no more than a bit of fun.

This video will interest you more tho Captain Ron, if your interested in FPS:

That looks really good.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom