Borderlands 2 VR - 14th Dec 2018

Moxxi in VR :smashin:

EDIT: actually i better make that a double :thumbsup: one for each hand!

It's not 100% confirmed but it seems that Aim support itsn't available which has many complaining on forums etc, I can understand both sides it's a game screaming for Aim support but I can also understand Gearbox not wanting to spend the time and money completely redoing the loot system etc to remove all single and duel weld weapons becasue the aim can't use them and replace with more two handed options.

It's on the Uk sotre now for £39.99 Borderlands 2 VR

not too bad of a price considering, I remember Skyrim being £50 at launch so at least it's cheaper than that was.

Mmm....BL2 was definitely one of my favourite PS3 games - along with Wipeout, PSVR now has some very worthwhile applications.

I bought a PSVR at launch and quickly CEXed it (back in the good ol' £300+ days) and must admit the upcoming games catalogue has made me briefly think about picking up another PSVR as they can be gotten so cheap, but the thought of that cumbersome dog's dinner of a hardware setup still puts me off.

I very much like the concept of VR, but TBH for me personally it needs to be wireless and have a smaller headset with any additional hardware contained within that headset (I know I'm not asking for much lol but I'm sure it'll come)

I very much like the concept of VR, but TBH for me personally it needs to be wireless and have a smaller headset with any additional hardware contained within that headset (I know I'm not asking for much lol but I'm sure it'll come)

A cheap wireless headset could be a while off. The wireless Vive headset is pretty expensive. High bandwidth video with low latency is the main barrier to wireless VR headsets, plus the more hardware you have on the headset, the heavier it is.

The V2 PSVR headset has a thinner cable than the one you had. I don't really find it to be much of an issue, but yeah, wireless would be lovely, as would a 4K screen

What's shocking about that ?, sure it's an old title so was Skyrim which was £50 when that released for VR and it's pretty damn good, it's not like this is an indi title or a VR Mode like in GT Sport or the upcoming Ace combat, or even a new IP we don't have a clue about, if that were the case then yeah i would be shocked at the price also.

As it stands i don't think £40 is too much for a Full length AAA game with all DLC re-done in VR.

It's a 6 year old game, with one of the primary features removed (online co-op). Sure there's work converting it to VR, but compared to a new IP, like say Firewall Zero Hour or Astrobot, written from the ground up (and not converting existing assets) it does smell a bit cash-grabby.

I had most fun playing BL2 with friends, and not sure i'd want to play it all again solo.

Wait 'n see though.

Anyone tried this having picked it up on release?

Not sure how it'll play in VR given the game is generally all about carnage. Saw one review that spoke favourable about it and noted some changes, one of which was a slow mo effect ala Max Payne. Given my above point and the standard game being 100mph it must be needed at points. My concern would be if such an addition now becomes an instinctive occurrence for most encounters and effectively changing the game quite a lot.

With so much happening on screen in this game at any one time I can imagine it might cause some ill effects if played in VR, although I'd expect the simplified cell shaded visuals may help to produce a cleaner image whilst playing n VR so that would help.

I watched Polish Paul from YouTube live stream it and he never had any ill effects. His only criticism was that he couldn't jump in-game. He said he also preferred using the pad.

I do want it but not for £40, I will pick this up as soon as it drops to £20.

I watched Polish Paul from YouTube live stream it and he never had any ill effects. His only criticism was that he couldn't jump in-game. He said he also preferred using the pad.

I do want it but not for £40, I will pick this up as soon as it drops to £20.

Couldn't jump....??

Seems a bit weird.

That's what he said, he couldn't jump in-game. The only way he could jump up a level was to use the warping mechanic.

Then he didn't check the settings fully there is totally a jump, the default is not to jump though for comfort reasons ( the setting is in the comfort settings ) but of course all that can be turned on or off, I'm playing with it all off and jumping around no problem.

What i've played so far has been great and just as i remember it, ( played using DS4) there are some niggles, like cutscenes are on a flat screen that appears but Resi evil 7 did that also so no big deal, they dont use the scopes on the guns themselves they have a small flat screen appear with a zoomed in view on it not sure why they did that it looks off especially when using Sniper rifles.

I'm hoping they can patch to use the scopes on the guns, they did a stream and mentioned they are looking at bringing Aim support, co-op as well as the DLC that really should have been in the game from the start but of course knowing 2k they wont give the DLC for free.

Seems a bit weird.
Exactly what I thought.

Then he didn't check the settings fully there is totally a jump, the default is not to jump though for comfort reasons ( the setting is in the comfort settings ) but of course all that can be turned on or off, I'm playing with it all off and jumping around no problem.

What i've played so far has been great and just as i remember it, ( played using DS4) there are some niggles, like cutscenes are on a flat screen that appears but Resi evil 7 did that also so no big deal, they dont use the scopes on the guns themselves they have a small flat screen appear with a zoomed in view on it not sure why they did that it looks off especially when using Sniper rifles.

I'm hoping they can patch to use the scopes on the guns, they did a stream and mentioned they are looking at bringing Aim support, co-op as well as the DLC that really should have been in the game from the start but of course knowing 2k they wont give the DLC for free.
Thanks for clearing that up, I did think it was strange when he talked about it on his stream. I am all over this the moment it hits £20.

Seem to recall in FZH they couldn't use scopes because the zoom effect would be too difficult on the hardware or something like that. Assume this is for similar reasons.

Obviously a game like this could excel with aim support but think that was ruled out as there's duel wielding in game which wouldn't work.

Are they going to release a physical copy of this in the uk?
It's one game that i would actually like to have on disc, oddly enough! lol
Thanks

I had Borderlands 2 on PS3 but for some reason it's still sealed in the wrapper. I did finish the first one though so I'll maybe pick this up when it's below £20.
Just can't justify paying £20+ for VR games

I had Borderlands 2 on PS3 but for some reason it's still sealed in the wrapper. I did finish the first one though so I'll maybe pick this up when it's below £20.
Just can't justify paying £20+ for VR games

BL2 is a fantastic game. I was very late to the original on PC, loved it and then was about 30hrs into BL2 when I reverted back to more console focused gaming with the XBO. Last year I started BL2 again and again loved it and had forgotten just how brilliantly entertaining it is. Didn't get around to finishing it before being side-tracked abut will do at some point....

I have The Handsome collection on Xbox which also includes the Pre-sequal I've never played yet. Normally the collection can be had for bargain basement price so well worth a check, especially if people think the game in VR may not be for them.

Personally I thought BL(1) was the better game, although BL2 I played with friends, which gave a different flavour to the proceedings.
I'm not sure if the VR version is a cash-grab, as there's always that whiff of "easy conversion" compared to actually making a new PSVR game, but the main negative is the lack of online co-op.
That really is an odd decision (lack of implementation) to me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom