Bowers 703 S2 Problems - Please Help!

peteluc

Novice Member
Reaction score
https://photos.app.******/mBBPFuwSHtHjNHGK6

Guys had these floor standers less than a month, purchased from Senso in Truro (Cornwall). From day one they distinctly had a noise over the mid/treble, wanted to return them from day one (Senso said run them in....) on there advice had them for a few extra weeks and "ran them in"....so probably gone past the point of being able to return them (on there advice!)… Running them today and noticed the top speaker is not even sitting in the housing properly and has probably rattled out. Other side is also lose.

Need advice really as I'm not sure Senso will take these back.

yeah that looks like thats not connected alright.
speakers do not "just" rattle out so you should have a good leg to stand on there with Senso

Why not, if they were new they are still in warranty and you have done what they suggested. Give them a call and politely ask to return for a replacement or money back.

Well so far I've been waiting to see what the manager says....so not sure its looking to promising.

Can't link to the photo but with what others have said it sounds like a quality problem from day one. You let them know so they are aware of the problem. Hopefully you have some evidence of the conversation or mail. Take them back, replace for new I would think.

Well so far I've been waiting to see what the manager says....so not sure its looking to promising.
had them for a few extra weeks and "ran them in"....so probably gone past the point of being able to return them

Absolutely not.

If your description of events is accurate, then you are entitled to a refund or a fix no matter what the shop manager says. Obviously, it's best to work with the manager if he/she is agreeable but if not, there are clear legal routes for you to get this problem sorted - and the shop manager will, almost certainly, be aware of this.

Just stick them in the car and show the dealer the problem, any fool can see it is a build issue.

Or call B&W and explain the dealer is not helping you, I am sure they will sort this out for you.

Bugger the manager.

They are broken. Therefore you are entitled to a new pair or your money back. That’s an absolute and has nothing to do with the manager.

Cheers chaps, been speaking with the salesman. They've said they'd take em back so let's see.. bit gutted on the build quality of bowers (and seeing made in China on the boxes when they arrived)

Cheers chaps, been speaking with the salesman. They've said they'd take em back so let's see.. bit gutted on the build quality of bowers (and seeing made in China on the boxes when they arrived)
Result, hopefully. Most speakers are made in China these days, I know that my KEF R Series are and I'm very happy with them. Obviously yours were missed by QC or were damaged in transit.

I can accept China made in anything <£1k but not in £2k+ speakers. If you get a refund come back and let us give you some other suggestions.

@OP

Guys had these floor standers less than a month, purchased from Senso in Truro (Cornwall). From day one they distinctly had a noise over the mid/treble, wanted to return them from day one (Senso said run them in....) on there advice had them for a few extra weeks and "ran them in"....so probably gone past the point of being able to return them (on there advice!)… Running them today and noticed the top speaker is not even sitting in the housing properly and has probably rattled out. Other side is also lose.

Need advice really as I'm not sure Senso will take these back.
Did your replacement speakers have the same issue? i think its common for the mid range driver of the 700 series to move like that. I could be wrong.

Cheers.

I would be so 😡. And this you have accepted all the day from day one? It’s not my intention being rude. But no speakers makes rattle noises when they are brand new! Absolutely out of order. But I would contact B&W and ask for a new pair if the shop does not act accordingly.

Sorry, so this was an old thread. But how did it go in the end?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom